Status
Not open for further replies.

catalog

I was thinking about biscuits earlier today, he got it early so he's like an mcu villain, society failed him. He's all messed up but he has a heart and makes nice ambient jungle tunes.

conspiracy nut
Why is it that otherwise perfectly intelligent, thoughtful and rationally minded people baulk at the suggestion that sociopaths are conspiring to manipulate and deceive them? And why will they defend this ill-founded position with such vehemence?

mixed_biscuits

I think the reason is that if the elites are immoral, conniving sociopaths then admitting that they are means that either one is elite and in cahoots or that one is not elite - status-signalling, in short.

Higher-status people are also more likely to have brushed by elite institutions and would be diminished by mere association, so better to brush it under the carpet - and how better than by mocking low-status 'conspiracy theorists' and claiming that their suspicion is mere resentment.

Having read the article now, this 'innate impulse to trust the mother ' was actually exploited by the government when it entranced the nation into lockdown: the citizenry were grounded by daddy Boris in order to protect mummy NHS, an experience that can be much more easily tolerated psychologically if one happily takes on the role of the helpless infant.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

conspiracy nut
Why is it that otherwise perfectly intelligent, thoughtful and rationally minded people baulk at the suggestion that sociopaths are conspiring to manipulate and deceive them? And why will they defend this ill-founded position with such vehemence?
Sociopaths such as, for example, those that make up the MAGA cult, from top to bottom? The cult that's spent years extruding noxious nuggets of glaring, obvious untruth, every one of which you've swallowed without question, while rubbing your tummy and saying "Please sir, can I have some more"?

Last edited:

catalog

I just wanted to check something I was thinking about earlier.

If we were still in the EU, would the vaccine rollout have been delayed?

wild greens

It's hardly like the "deep state" running things or the reality of a pandemic are mutually exclusive. more fool you if thats the hill you're trying to die on

As usual the supposed elite have capitalised on the opportunity of the pandemic to rake in money hand over fist while the internet population wrap themselves up in absolute shite myself included. At least some people made good money off bitcoin I guess

Really hope the vaccine delivery does actually work so that people can at least talk about something else
If we were still in the EU, would the vaccine rollout have been delayed?

The Danes are doing pretty well but they're the outliers I think. There's only about 6m of them

catalog

That does seem wrong headed, budget approach I suppose, safe in knowledge that no children will die and older people they may contaminate will be vaccinated.

But yeah feels like track and trace mark 2. So parents will test kids and if they come up positive, whole family isolates 10 days. How many parents will ignore the positive tests?

mixed_biscuits

Status
Not open for further replies.