Status
Not open for further replies.

wild greens

I will give you a quick example- I have a job I was meant to be doing next Wednesday but can't now because his kid's bubble has been sent home from school, off the back of a positive test

Anyway his primary school kid is meant to self isolate now but the rest of the school can crack on. How do you do social distance in a oversubscribed victorian primary school the whole scheme is clueless

catalog

its about mucking in and having a go, even when it makes no sense and is in fact counterproductive. it's a very english policy in that regard.

wild greens

As far as I can tell they aren't streaming the lessons from the classroom like when teachers were being taught from teachers kitchens etc so it's not even like they can do anything when they're sent home?

Anyway the job is pushed back for at least a week now and I think clashes with something else

Agreed it is a very English idea and also pointless

catalog

yeah i think you are right in regard to there not being any provision for the children sent home, although maybe someone with kids can confirm. maybe different schools will do different things but you just know there's going to be a lot of people looking at the floor rather than doing the right thing, just as everyone has broken minor rules throughout lockdown cos it's basically not something we want to do.

mixed_biscuits

1616358614542.png

This sort of mass transport may explain weird contemporaneities like this:

Covid urban non urban comparison cases.jpg

and this:

Spanish flu transmission conundrum.png

mixed_biscuits

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Viruses are quite fragile though, and usually can't survive for long outside of a living host cell. So viruses being wafted great distances all over the place is not necessarily the same thing as viable, pathogenic viruses being wafted great distances all over the place.

catalog

This is an issue isn't it. I've got long term workmate lefties quoting the mail to me. Like they preface and say its the mail, but it's basically anything goes now.

On the feed.

Appears plausible.

Share.

mixed_biscuits

Status
Not open for further replies.