Status
Not open for further replies.

mixed_biscuits

I know you guys are desperate to go shopping at Mister Byrite for your new suits but why can't you just wait for the vaccine trials to complete in 2023 so that we don't use something that will mow people down with 'friendly fire'?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Look, here's the thing, you made an embarrassing howler cos you thought the numbers made your point but they actually did the opposite. OK, fine, we misread things or whatever at times, just admit it and move on. But your determination to pretend it didn't happen, ignore all the things arising from it, and to insist it somehow still makes your point anyway makes you look dishonest AS WELL as stupid.

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

Strange how all the vaccine-happy virtue-signallers were silent about BCG boosters over summer...they need society to cleave into two camps so that they have people to whom they can feel superior and familiar and safe vaccination would not achieve this...

mixed_biscuits

Same sort of thing with masks: everyone's happy with hand-washing so they won't bang on about that (tho' it may well be pointless) but marginally useful (or not) masks suddenly become the most important thing in the world.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm being upbraided for a mathematical mistake by someone who confuses multiplication and addition - it's like getting elocution lessons from Sloth.
"sums" is the generic name for mathematical operations used by people at your level of ability, I was just trying to write it so that you would understand it.
The main issue here is that your mistake meant that the vaccine was a hundred times as effective as you were rushing to proclaim it. Quite relevant to what we're talking about. By contrast what name one gives to the working out percentage function has no effect on this argument. But I don't blame you for wanting to change the topic again. Again.

mixed_biscuits

btw the criterion for effectiveness used in most of the vaccine trials is not deaths but attenuation of mild symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.