Status
Not open for further replies.

mixed_biscuits

If you want to prove that vaccine safety is following some subset of public opinion, you at first assume it's following standard procedure.

This is basic child's-play kindergarten science 101 ABC

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If you want to prove that vaccine safety is following some subset of public opinion, you at first assume it's following standard procedure.
This is a bad faith position to take because this is obviously something you can't test in laboratory conditions. Governments and public bodies are unlikely to say "We've made this decision to accommodate the feelings of angry people who don't understand risk."

mixed_biscuits

chava

Whatever brakes they're applying is not because of peer pressure from the general public: they're probably worried that there is something about the way in which the vaccines work that they don't understand. eg. the media have also reported many women having changes to their periods, also a blood issue.

They've no doubt prioritized the elderly and unwell though, right? A fraction of those people will die in any given people, vaccine or no vaccine.

And again, even if you're going to be as pessimistic as possible and assume every single apparent reaction really was caused by the vaccine, it's still many hundreds of times safer than catching the virus.
Haven't seen the data yet. There are def overcautious compared to normal procedure, but I am also pretty sure they control for age and don't use 90 years old terminal patients as evidence

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haven't seen the data yet. There are def overcautious compared to normal procedure, but I am also pretty sure they control for age and don't use 90 years old terminal patients as evidence
There's nothing wrong with caution when it's rationally applied. What's frustrating is seeing some of the same people who've spent a year claiming covid-19 is virtually harmless if you're under 80 now saying that deaths associated with vaccines are (and i quote) "off the charts" when they're running at rates of a handful per million doses.

chava

There's nothing wrong with caution when it's rationally applied. What's frustrating is seeing some of the same people who've spent a year claiming covid-19 is virtually harmless if you're under 80 now saying that deaths associated with vaccines are (and i quote) "off the charts" when they're running at rates of a handful per million doses.
No sensible persons are saying anything like this here.

The estimates is 1/40000 will have a bloodclot and 40% of those will die.

mixed_biscuits

It's somewhat perverse to focus only on the small number of bloodclot episodes when the AZ vaccine also seems to be generally quite poor quality, even compared to the Pfizer, which itself is returning adverse events at a much higher rate than flu vaccines typically do:

1618434517875.png

mixed_biscuits

Pausing or binning vaccines ostensibly because of a handful of problems is a smokescreen for the adverse events that are actually racking up in the tens of thousands: people think, 'Oh, if they're slowing down because of this tiny little thing, then their standards must be really good' and forget about the other things they were worrying about.

Hence:

vaccines safety increase.png

Most of this crisis is about playaz pwning other playaz pwning n00bs.

Leo

so don't get jabbed and take your chances, then. why keep telling us the same shit over and over? we get it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's somewhat perverse to focus only on the small number of bloodclot episodes when the AZ vaccine also seems to be generally quite poor quality, even compared to the Pfizer, which itself is returning adverse events at a much higher rate than flu vaccines typically do:

View attachment 7020
Does the UK editor of "AgeofAutism.com" have a totally disinterested attitude towards vaccines, I wonder?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Does the UK editor of "AgeofAutism.com" have a totally disinterested attitude towards vaccines, I wonder?
A quick search for 'vaccine' on https://www.ageofautism.com/ turns up 205 results.

Now I wonder why an organization supposedly focussed on autism would have such a huge obsession with vaccines, given that the false claims about a connection between autism and the MMR vaccine by disgraced fraudster Andrew Wakefield have been utterly demolished by every rigorous study that's investigated the claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.