Seemingly more melodic and stylistic variation in the Brooklyn stuff though , more vivid, lighthearted and cheesy at times but on a UK rhythmic template

And the visual similarities and strict codes of it all are interesting when you consider how aggressive and competitive it is.

Pulp dance music like this is like a portal opening…there’s sonic innovations so satisfying & addictive eg jungle breaks, hip hop funk samples, dubstep wobble that temporarily provide a frenzy, a focal point and space for a million permutations to play out in a competitive way and still not get tired. It’s called the narcissism of sonic differences I believe

In psychoanalysis, the narcissism of small differences (German: der Narzissmus der kleinen Differenzen) is the idea that the more a relationship or community shares commonalities, the more likely the people in it are to engage in interpersonal feuds and mutual ridicule because of hypersensitivity to minor differences perceived in each other.[1] The term was coined by Sigmund Freud in 1917, based on the earlier work of English anthropologist Ernest Crawley. Crawley theorized that each individual is separated from others by a taboo of personal isolation, which is effectively a narcissism of minor differences.[2]

Benny Bunter

Sha ek is Bronx though isn't he? I don't understand the differences tbh. I can hear the difference in the cheesy sample stuff and the Club based stuff but that's about it

Benny Bunter

It's hard to get a grip on it all from over here. When I did my (legendary, 51k+ listens on soundcloud 😉 ) New Jersey club mixes it was a bit of a misnomer cos it was a mix of Jersey, Baltimore and Philly styles, all slightly different but close enough that you could mix them together and it worked. You could do the same with all these strands of drill.

shakahislop

@Corpsey are bronx drill and brooklyn drill seperate things or different words for the same thing? i think they're different things and that bronx drill is more popularly known as corpsey drill