I’ve lived in Chicago and Tulse hill and I grew up in a place that made balaclavas and guns cool 40 years ago not to mention fancy footwork and haunting new age fairy vocals. I’m the forums go to drill guy

Benny Bunter

Sha ek is already doing collabs with people outside the immediate scene and will probably have collabs with really big names soon and then go shit, always happens. Same with someone like skillibeng for example.

luka

in corpsey drill they do the running the finger underneath the nose gesture a lot. thats one of the things that differentiates it

shakahislop

Sha ek is already doing collabs with people outside the immediate scene and will probably have collabs with really big names soon and then go shit, always happens. Same with someone like skillibeng for example.
me and @Leo are going to see him live in parkchester before he gets too famous. i heard he starts off with a big banger to get the crowd revved up and closes out on some gentle melodic numbers reflecting on the downsides of a life of violent crime, he gives Dave a shout out normally. also there's a lot of clapping to the beat he insists on that

shakahislop

Lol you said you were going to see skillibeng too didn't you? I bet you didn't!
yeah i had a ticket and everything, and then basically on the night i had something else to do that was better so i did that instead. i could just about have squeezed skiili in but the idea of getting all the way out to fucking maspeth in the freezing cold to watch probably a 30 minute set and then bang all the way back home didn't seem worth it

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Tbf a lot of really good bronxy stuff was coming out two years ago, none of us noticed

I hope sha ek etc can make it out alive, seems like most of the ppl in the scene are in jail or dead

I can't really imagine a lot of this stuff making it to mainstream acceptance but I probably thought the same about trap music so that shows my prognosticating skills/how in touch I am with da kidz

shakahislop

skilli would have meant getting stared at a bit but didn't seem like a scary prospect, i'd be a bit intimidated going to see sha ek i think

luka

im not convinced. you invented it in spetember. find me something really good from 2 years ago please.