william_kent

I just came across this quote from Kazoo Dreamboats ( which I haven't read, so this could be completely out of context ):

Rule One; people with top pay are rubbish, everyone knows
this, it’s a law of nature.

Prynne hits the nail on the head here, this aligns exactly with my personal experiences, and presumably "everyone" else as well...

I suppose this is an example of where he presents "a direct glimpse of the truth"

I know I'm not being deep here but, it resonated to such an extent, I had to immediately re-quote it somewhere...

Benny Bunter

This is a great one from White Stones.

Unusual in that it has a slice of a real conversation that Prynne himself might have had. He picks up a man hitchhiking from the hospital where it seems he's left behind a (presumably) dying loved one. He puts his foot in it, asking if he expects her back soon - the answer is no. "I draw blood whenever I open my stupid mouth".

I think it's about sympathy, the unbridgeable gap between yourself and another's pain. He hopes for a time of accord, when we can understand and comfort one another, but the accord is "cheap". The imagery is biblical - stigmata, nails, 'Abel' - and violent - choking, armies, wounds.

And there's that pesky word 'quality' again...

woops

is not like other people
looks like quality is straightly equated to the identity "who they are" of the influencing machines