luka

Benny Bunter

Just read Plant Time Manifold Transcripts, which I initially thought was going to be another note on metal style headfuck, but it turns out it's one massive pisstake, sending up both himself and scientific research in general. Maybe could have been shorter to achieve what he wanted to do, but worth a read at least once.

luka

A lot of people think he's very serious about the propositions made there actually. The time moving in both directions and so on

Benny Bunter

A lot of people think he's very serious about the propositions made there actually. The time moving in both directions and so on
Really? I suppose for the first paragraph you read it thinking that he might be being serious, but from there it gets increasingly absurd and you realise it's obviously a parody of the scientific academic world. Maybe he did conceal some serious ideas in there, no idea what they would be though.

version

Really? I suppose for the first paragraph you read it thinking that he might be being serious, but from there it gets increasingly absurd and you realise it's obviously a parody of the scientific academic world. Maybe he did conceal some serious ideas in there, no idea what they would be though.
Someone did a fifty page commentary on it that Luke's shared here before,

RELATIVISTIC PHYTOSOPHY: TOWARDS A COMMENTARY ON “THE PLANT TIME MANIFOLD TRANSCRIPTS”

Screenshot_from_2022-02-19_13-44-01.png

Benny Bunter

It made me wonder if he wrote it for a laugh after being accused of pseudo science himself by critics for stuff like a note on metal (which seems very serious to me). Pure conjecture on my part though. I'll have a skim through that commentary.

version

That always seems to happen when anyone takes a poetic approach to anything to do with STEM. It's Dawkins and Sokal moaning about French theorists "misusing" scientific terminology again.

Benny Bunter

I could just about believe that Prynne slipped a few serious ideas in there in amongst the parody, but the guy who wrote that article is probably mentally ill.

luka

i've almost finished reading see by so, which is 8, very small pages long. about 20 words per page. i'm about 3 lines from the end but i need a rest.