linebaugh

i thought that the book needed making up to a certain size so he added them more or less for a laugh?
I thought it was released after under pressure from his publisher or something like that, Im not sure, but in either case, ya it was for a bit of a laugh.

woops

is not like other people
with kazoo dreamboats bear in mind he just churned that out without thinking but he had already been JH Prynne for approximately 143 years prior to that and look at the rate he's churning em out now

luka

my favourite prynne essay is still the capital calves one. its so much fun. almost as mental as the poems.

version

youre' right. ive not read it.
investigator-with-pipe-and-magnifying-glass-vector-id466069292

jenks

thread death
Don’t know if this has been linked to before but I quite liked what it had to say about how about how limits are a fundamental in his explorations. I just read 1971’s A Night Square. The first read through was frustrating, I felt I was holding a line through it that suddenly disappeared. The second reading I picked up the sound effects which created some kind of cohesiveness. I’m not sure still now what it’s ‘about’ but I think we’re more like the gulls than we want to think - caught between two things. The central question of the poem being “where will we go/ where will we be”

luka

it's really very hard to hold a line and critical attempts to do so usually feel very strained. i like the way a single line can morph into different shapes for example the way meek sexy puffs from viva ken can turn in your mind from clouds in the sky to a woman smoking on a cigerette or even sheep FOR EXAMPLE.... these effects, intentional or not, are part of the strangeness of reading Prynne for me.