Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
If the bursting process is bungled, you end up in a state of demotivation and discouragement, but if you prolong it long enough it threatens to become catastrophic. Or you can deny it indefinitely and lock yourself into a sort of parochial state of denial.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yeah I think systems theory, insofar as its informed by technological feedback systems that are intolerant of ambiguity, is just the best map we have at this point for understanding biological superstructures.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The seemingly recent theories of economic growth, or at least recent elaborations on older ideas, is actually pretty gnostic, probably unbeknownst to the economics propounding it. By gnostic I mean the general sensibilities of things like integrating the negative with the positive into a higher metastable equilibrium, rather than one-sidedly pursuing the positive in avoidance of the negative.

deflationary_cycle_ray_dalio.gif

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
The little downturns (wavelets) here represent recessions, and the big ones represent depressions or at least abnormally deep recessions, but the point is that if you zoom out there is an appearance of growth despite these downturns. And seemingly the new, challenging orthodoxy is that technological innovation is what drives this growth, which makes a lot of sense to me.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Anyway its an example of how the kind of gnostic reasoning you brought up (re: bursting ones own bubble) can slowly seep into popular orthodoxy, despite the greed and hubris of those who try to solely pursue the positive, i.e. those who never burst their own bubble.

luka

im chatting with him now on twitter. he says hes thiking of doing it again but make it about prince andrew :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: