Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Do you not remember being recently imprisoned in your home, prevented from seeing family, travelling etc?
Prisoners aren't generally free to go shopping or take a walk in the park, are they? 🙄

In any case, those measures were a) justified, b) effective, and c) eventually lifted. And, as I've attempted to explain to you several times, would have been lifted far sooner if the government had acted sensibly instead of kowtowing to voices like yours.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I mean, I have to wonder who the fuck you think "The Elites" are, if not the people who own and run the biggest and most powerful corporations in the world.

Last edited:

mixed_biscuits

In any case, those measures were a) justified, b) effective, and c) eventually lifted. And, as I've attempted to explain to you several times, would have been lifted far sooner if the government had acted sensibly instead of kowtowing to voices like yours.
T(o)ry again

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think what's happening here is that you're so insanely far to the right that, from your perspective, any measure intended to slow the spread of the virus - be it ever so late, poorly thought out, or grudgingly adopted - is evidence that the most right-wing government in living memory is, in fact, crypto-Leninist.

You're aware that Johnson has called the current lifting of restrictions "irreversible", and said he would prefer to "let the bodies pile high" than have a third lockdown?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Boris Johnson, fundamentally, is on your side. It's just that even he is at least dimly aware that another 100,000 deaths and another million long-term sick ain't gonna play well with the electorate.

Last edited:

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Sweden's infection rate is 50% higher than ours so it stands to reason that if we'd had 50% more infections we'd have 50% more dead and seriously ill and oh why the fuck do I bother, you're the most fact-resistant human being I've ever come across.

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

Sweden were projected bottom-of-Europe outcomes and ended up in the top half...those same crappy models led to the gvt giving up on the elderly and disabled ill while seeding the care homes with patients ejected from hospitals

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well maybe - *just* maybe - Sweden and the UK aren't directly comparable?

Do you accept that if more people in the UK had been infected, it's pretty likely that more people would have died or got badly ill?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
They're slimmer than us, smoke less, drink less, have much less poverty and a health care system that isn't in permanent crisis, and their population density is less than a tenth of ours.

You'd have to be pretty bloody stupid to think a like-for-like comparison between two such different countries is anything other than a total waste of time.

That, or pathologically dishonest.

mixed_biscuits

Also: we spent enough money to save >120m lives abroad purely to reduce middle-class, middle-aged ppl's infection risk by some small amount.

Leo

Incidentally, putting everything into suspended animatiom because of covid hysteria now means the NHS is utterly screwed due to massive waiting lists.

are you saying people were treated in hospitals when they didn't need to be, then? why would a hospital admit a patient who was not in need of treatment?

mixed_biscuits

Gvt also enlisted large private healthcare capacity which was underused subsequently.

Also, doomy messaging discouraged ppl from accessing healthcare

Leo

so, hospitals set aside rooms for projected COVID patients who then never materialized? and they kept doing that for an entire year-plus? and no one noticed, or questioned it? were these hospitals being paid to keep rooms open?

not that I doubt you or anything (!), it just makes no sense and seems highly unlikely.