sufi

lala
Is it really controversial to suggest that a lot of Muslims aren't all that keen on Jews, though? And would the Guardian be wringing its hands in this way if anyone had suggested that a lot of Jews aren't too keen on Muslims, or that a lot of non-Jewish white people aren't that keen on Jews or Jews, both of which are true?
Mr Tea, doubling down on Labour Islamaphobia

DannyL

Wild Horses
David Edgerton is a don - probably literally, def metaphorically - https://www.theguardian.com/comment...r-red-wall-working-class-brexit-conservatives

"The phenomenon of a working-class red wall is an ideological concoction that benefits Labour’s enemies. It makes little sociological or psephological sense today, and the fragment of the past it reflects is one of Tory working classes. Yet this group has come to define how Labour thinks of the working class. That the party views this Tory analysis as a bellwether of its fortunes speaks to its collapse as an independent, transformative political force. If it is ever to win significant support today among real English people, Labour needs to understand its own history, celebrate its successes and love itself, its members and its voters."

I wish someone in Labour's top team would read this.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
from something I read today...

"The stronger your left is, the more credibility your center has. If you don't have a left, your center *is* the left and then they have no credibility." – Sarah Schulman

seems quite applicable here

john eden

male pale and stale
from something I read today...

"The stronger your left is, the more credibility your center has. If you don't have a left, your center *is* the left and then they have no credibility." – Sarah Schulman

seems quite applicable here
Man like STN lent me her "The Gentrification of the Mind" which I highly recommend. She is bad ass.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Bottled in Greenwich, screaming, nostrils full of the smell of his own blood, an eye cut open eyelid all severed staring into the pain, being chased down by raging randoms who set their dogs on him

"I fed my dog his tongue" said Graham from Poplar, "he was in pieces by this point so i just said fuck it and let my mastiff Zeus chomp through his face"

DannyL

Wild Horses
I see they're giving Ken Loach the boot

It's a weird old time this
I don't really want to prise open the wound but it is about antisemitism rather than "trying to drive the Left out of the party" or whatever people will be saying on Twitter. Is a bit Kinnock and Militant really.