rave era as recapitulation of the sixties

version

Yeah, but we know all this from personal experience and self experimentation. We don't need a book botherer to tell us. That's why dissensus is good.

True. Your comment about ATP being a trip guide was much more helpful than anything else I've read on it. I was instantly like "Oh yeah. A rhizome is just when the value's stripped from everything on a trip and a floor tile or bit of wallpaper is on the same plane as a book or a painting".

catalog

Ive not thought about it all that much, but bolano is definitely preoccupied with it, the horror that comes of people who want to be artists, but fail for whatever reasons.

luka

True. Your comment about ATP being a trip guide was much more helpful than anything else I've read on it. I was instantly like "Oh yeah. A rhizome is just when the value's stripped from everything on a trip and a floor tile or bit of wallpaper is on the same plane as a book or a painting".

I didn't realise myself until I started reading it on acid then I was like oh that's why Mark kept insisting I was a deleuzian

version

Acid, Burroughs and Pynchon seemed to be much easier ways in for me than the academic stuff. Obviously you're not going to get all of it, but the way something like Naked Lunch or Gravity's Rainbow's structured and what I was saying a minute ago re: tripping seemed to communicate this stuff a bit more effectively.

version

I might have to reread The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test sometime soon. I picked it up when I was like sixteen or seventeen thinking it was going to be like Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas and was incredibly disappointed. I'd probably be much more into reading about The Dead, Owsley etc now.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
My point is slightly more nuanced than not respectig the limits built into psychedelics. It's more that those limits need to be transcended, with all the dark and horrifying implications they may entail.

I don't want to be one of those morons who says drug taking is a capitalist activity - because that's a load of horseshit, but we have tailored psychedelic culture with all its norms and ethics to our conditions within a capitalist society, inevitably. the well adjusted or well rounded social personality who indulges in a bit ((or quite a lot) of acid. I can't say it really interests me all that much.

What interests me is the depathologisation of psychosis. not seeing it as an illness or disease. so in that sense I believe there is no limit, no fruitless zone of intensification.

Otherwise I've been sober for 3.5 years now. I can certainly appreciate radical sobriety as hitting those intensities in different ways, when done right.