Resistance is Futile.

luka

submission in the religious sense. thats what i was thinking about. and submitting to an anti christ as well. by mistake. cos you didnt know any better

entertainment

initiate:banter
ERROR 655: "banter" UNDEFINED

I admit, I am pretty theory-thirsty. I forget to wind it down sometimes. That said, I (try to) welcome all engagement.

You can join my team and try to salvage this thing I was sketching out. Like those drawings where it looks like a dick at first but then it becomes a beautiful cat.

luka

maybe it shouldn't be a hard border, but there are very real differences that have very real effects on psyche

like those pathological instagram girls who need constant social validation. something's gone awry there and it has to do with internet and self, but maybe the theory could use some work

constant escape will help us out here

luka

initiate:banter
ERROR 655: "banter" UNDEFINED

I admit, I am pretty theory-thirsty. I forget to wind it down sometimes. That said, I (try to) welcome all engagement.

you have to come down to our level cos we are too thick to go up to yours

luka

the internet is an environment which conditions behviour and experience like any other

luka

i dont think we are authentic humans outside of this box and inhuman inside it. i dont i dont

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It is strange, even melancholy, that I will never meet any of you IRL.

Your identities ARE your words to me.

And I find both wanting.

luka

It is strange, even melancholy, that I will never meet any of you IRL.

Your identities ARE your words to me.

And I find both wanting.

but i keep asking you to walk 20 minutes down the road and have a beer with me. ive been begging you for years.

luka

Well what does authentic mean? Just because there is no fixed center, no inner core, doesn't mean it's not authentic to me.

i need to go back and re-read what youve written then maybe. are you having a drink? what are you drinking? corpsey i reckon is having a drink. hes all happy and carefree.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Could the online/offline interfacing be thought of as a sort of proxy engagement? In any case mediated by lenses we aren't well equipped to see through.

Do we just get a lower resolution image of the psyche on the other end, a resolution lower than we would were we interfacing directly? Or is it altogether distorted? I mean I think we can all agree that personality seeps through our avatars/accounts, even if that is just because we project personality onto things.

And yeah I don't necessarily see online/offline as a hard distinction either.

Partly it’s about knowing too much isn’t it. the same thing that makes many actors feel insincere in real life. It’s about getting enough (too much) feedback from media, learning to anticipate the audience reaction, play it. And over time even spontaneous and impulsive reaction can be managed too

We were about to crack this last night until luka went off in a huff.

body image is talked about more and v noticeable, the speed and intensity of it, but the upgrades and amplifications, distortions are happening with our beliefs and personality too

luka

Could the online/offline interfacing be thought of as a sort of proxy engagement? In any case mediated by lenses we aren't well equipped to see through.

Do we just get a lower resolution image of the psyche on the other end, a resolution lower than we would were we interfacing directly? Or is it altogether distorted? I mean I think we can all agree that personality seeps through our avatars/accounts, even if that is just because we project personality onto things.

And yeah I don't necessarily see online/offline as a hard distinction either.

im not convinced we do get a lower resolution image even. i think there are things which are necessarily left out (physicality basically) but that allows other aspects to come into greater focus