The Weather.

woops

is not like other people

1 hour ago

i've just worked out that the spotted woodpecker is a metaphor of the typewriter the poet is using. this is an example of the typewriter being an object from the world it creates. astounding genius. this man is a seer in the truest sense of the word.

Hagthorn

Hide reply

Hagthorn

Hagthorn
5 minutes ago
Thank you so much for sharing this! Following on from your brilliant insight, I've just worked out that the 'ears twitching instinctively' undoubtedly refers to the rare middle ear condition which causes a staccato tapping rhythm to be heard, medically referred to as 'Typewriter Tinnitus'. Furthermore, I had initially thought that the gulls in the poem were literal seabirds but now I'm questioning whether they are a metaphor for the 'gulls wing' ribbon covers on typewriters, which further accentuates the example you draw attention to, of the connection between object and the world being created. You're right, this poet is even more of a genius than I had originally thought! Truly inspired.

Leo

some of those planes are pretty wobbly on approach, not sure how it compares to normal conditions but looks a bit scary. imagine if they catch a botched landing or crash live on YouTube.

luka

i was saying to whoopsie there seemed to be more nihilistic drinking going on than usual. saw a lad stop to puke on the pavement and another man staggering about who'd clearly pissed his jeans. pretty good for a weekday afternoon.

luka

yes fake news. ive literally spent the whole day pounding the pavements of south east london, the strange suburbs of Lee, Hither Green, Blackheath.... there's all these roads called things like tranquil vale, the squirrels, and fox holt.