luka

I'm going to find out how it happens. At least I've established that none of you have any better idea than I do.

luka

How reality happens?

How does this record get to number one? This actor become the highest paid in Hollywood? How does this political idea infiltrate and take over a party? How does this candidate become president? How does cultural Marxism take over the universities?

Reactions: RWY

craner

Beast of Burden
How does this record get to number one? This actor become the highest paid in Hollywood? How does this political idea infiltrate and take over a party? How does this candidate become president? How does cultural Marxism take over the universities?

There is no single answer to those things, apart from God.

luka

I think power hides behind this idea of chaos and randomness. Leaning too far into the notion of a chaotic universe becomes an apologetics of power

craner

Beast of Burden
I think power hides behind this idea of chaos and randomness. Leaning too far into the notion of a chaotic universe becomes an apologetics of power

And I disagree with both of those propositions. Our instincts are opposite and our assumptions and evidence falls in line with that.

john eden

male pale and stale
The John Eden position is that ideas are only ever window dressing for class struggle. Is that correct?

I think it's more that the class struggle is obscured.

I mean shining a light on the class warfare at the heart of recent development in particle physics or Egyptology is probably entertaining but is of limited value.

The answer to the Q about Corporations suddenly all believing in structural racism is that they have been forced to appear to take this seriously - and are doing the absolutely bare minimum in lip service to ensure their continued profits.

luka

what is it obscured by?

and is it the bare minimum? could Pizza Hut not get away with saying nothing at all?

not to be antagonistic. the more i listen to Craner's evasions the more Marxist I become.