sus

Nope.

I was optimistic about Arcadia, but no one here is familiar with their own nation's dramaturgical history. A real embarrassment.

sus

Maybe it's a white boy thing to be obsessed with Aeryn. I once had a dream of Aeryn. She's a significant part of my psyche I think. A real sub-monad.

sus

Once you have given up the ghost, everything follows with dead certainty, even in the midst of chaos. From the beginning it was never anything but chaos: it was a fluid which enveloped me, which I breathed in through the gills.
I am an American, Chicago born—Chicago, that somber city—and go at things as I have taught myself, freestyle, and will make the record in my own way: first to knock, first admitted; sometimes an innocent knock, sometimes a not so innocent. But a man's character is his fate, says Heraclitus, and in the end there isn't any way to disguise the nature of the knocks by acoustical work on the door or gloving the knuckles.
He speaks in your voice, American, and there's a shine in his eye that's halfway hopeful. It's a school day, sure, but he's nowhere near the classroom. He wanted to be here instead, standing in the shadow of this old rust-hulk of a structure, and it's hard to blame him: this metropolis of steel and concrete and flaky paint and cropped grass and enormous Chesterfield packs aslant on the scoreboards. . . .
I was worked like a jackass for the worst part of my childhood, and offered up to climate and predator and vice, and introduced to solitude, and braced against hope, and dangled before the Lord our God, and schooled in the subtle truths and blatant lies of a half life in the American countryside, all because my parents did not trust that I would mature to their specifications in town.

luka

he chews gum like you, American, huffs petrol fumes, camps out in The Last Chance Saloon, bets his last dime on a throw of the dice

Last edited:

luka

eats macaroni salad, plays dodgeball, knows what it means to be down on his luck but he doesn't lose hope, oh no, this is America, and you can't spell USA without HOPE

• Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

it was the summer of '68 and my my my Sally Jenkins was turning into a woman there was something about the fresh swellings on her schoolgirl chest that made him feel etc etc

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sus

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Mac and cheese is a world of monstrous creations in the home of the braves

Cleaved, artery clogging stacks of stodge. Quality hangover fodder, in fairness. I guess you could call it cheese? Yellow America - mustard, taxis, cheese, cheese related stuff, the sun, Yellowstone, corn, corn everything, Britney Spears (looked very corn fed almost jaundiced)

If there’s a corn god, it lives in the US and it should be consulted in divination blood rites @DannyL

sus

In the grim dust of twilight, nothing is certain. The spirit expands to fill the empty spaces. A bird cries out in the tarnishing day. Would you believe me if I told you that everything changed, that day in August, when the sky was oppressive and the heat overbearing?

sus

In the annals of forum lore, nothing is certain. The members make their overtures in tacit recognition of the invincible entropy awaiting them. The clock winds its way around the hours. An insomniac types his way to superficial slumber.

sus

On the throne of lost children, nothing is certain. A shell of a spirit presides over futures not yet inscribed. The relationships are that of asymmetry; the enthroned awaits a recognition which never arrives.