luka

thirds prose style disintegrates consciousness. with Rich you can't look at it becasue of how impatient it makes you feel. im interested in distinctive effects

sus

7PM In Lisbon for 700 pages. Insanity. Unreadable. Scams and parties and suicides and sex

sus

I need some character names who wants to help me generate them. Maybe I name them all after Dissensus pseudonyms. IdleRich is the coke dealer. 146IQ is the crackpot millionaire.

sus

well, it;'s all about if you can get excited about the material i suppose. you need the thing to write itself.
Psychic tension is generative in my experience. Things that make you feel powerless drive the writing process, as a way to wrestle control over them. See El Morado

sus

"if I can write a story that feels satisfactorily explanatory of the whole system, I can dismiss or ignore the system and move on with my life"

luka

what is i think so difficult about what stan does and why i think it would be quite difficult to mimic adequately is that hes really nailed down his vocaubulary and it creates an eveness of tone. theres very little slippage into something else. thats why i started a thread called a stan glossary

luka

all of it has that technocrat sheen. one thing i always look for and admire is that consistency of tone, that ability to stay in character

luka

i'd have to take another look but it tends to make my head hurt. i find it really hard to get my eye to stick to it.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

Gus post us one of your things again. let's see if we can get under the hood as the americans say

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Stan have you read Gus' stuff? not what he does here but the things he posts on his blog?
Only whats been posted here, I'm afraid. I've rarely ventured into the wider blogosphere, save for znore one time and may a couple other exceptions.