sus

Gus post us one of your things again. let's see if we can get under the hood as the americans say
Oh jeez I dunno if I have anything up to snuff though I suppose the point is being bad

I write here too though. And El Morado. The blog is often more technical and flatter

sus

sus

So let's talk about that, so I can reflect and get feedback and grow and stop writing flat boring unreadable garbage

sus

How do I stop writing like an incredibly boring drafty old scholar while still being clear and not too colorful to repel people.

How do I write in a way formal enough an academic would cite me but informal enough I don't bore the tits off everyone else

luka

whats interesting for me, like i literally just said, are the effects generated. and your things have a strange effect on me, like thirds do, or rich. i dont look at it and go, thats bad, i look at it and go, why cant i get close to that?

sus

It's okay we can all admit it's bad and boring without condemning third and Rich by association

sus

El Morado is not bad and boring and Vibe Shift pt 1 is at least trying very hard not to be bad and boring, but much of the rest of the blog stuff objectively is

sus

I don't know any other ways because I am bad and boring. And lazy. It's the lazyness. If I work hard I can be interesting. Instead I slide into lazy default dreadful

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Something I see in @suspended 's writing, as I'm reading through vibe shift now and which I've noticed for a while here, is that this method of discursive screening, of propagating theory outward, can often be like sifting for gold, resulting in a lot of junk matter in proportion to nuggets.

I also see it when I look back on a lot of my posts here and my handwritten notes over the last few years: tidal waves of complex layerings and qualifiers, extensive methodological scaffoldings of verbiage, all in roundabout attempts to reach conclusions that are out of the line of sight of the established/down-to-earth approach.

That is, the function of pretension in thought: a stretching toward something that would otherwise be out of reach.