Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
There is something very low-gravity about continental philosophy insofar as it ventures through unfalsifiable territory, matters so subjective and nebulous that you constantly need to be redefining terms and re-establishing semantic context and refining the system.

So in a way "junk" is a poor term choice on my part, when really I mean supplemental discourse which serves to prop up the more solid insights.

Whereas science is much more conservative and deferent to prevailing precedent, less poised to apprehend the more slippery and mercurial things than continental philosophy is

Reactions: sus

linebaugh

it must be painful, someone drawing attention to or ridiculing your whole thing. I don’t think that’s what luke is doing because he couldn’t adequately emulate but he’s very perceptive and that makes you nervous
we talked about this re: 4chan. A whole culture built around hiding your tics and revealing/ridiculing those in others

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
But analyzing in-culture from a game-theoretical and continental-philosophic approach can yield insight that more scientific approaches can not.

luka

Ping
pang
poof
A sudden expanding in your—

Lungs.
chaos prediction adjunct arrival yesterday's
supper pinches of
salt

Amber of
heart-valve, contracting in
antiquarian
quiet

Pay attention now. Something is on a precipice of

poetry
i can see the formatting when i quote it strangely. i dont think i would slap down words like

lungs

and

salt

particularly after a pregnant pause in that way. it's a bit unnatural, a bit theatrical.

luka

it gives it a 'beat poet' stock character feel to it.

Hey! Mr Business Man, what's that in your-

bag?

and hey, haven't I seen you nosing around the red
light
district
itching for a fix, and man,
what's your business,
man?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I think if you are searching for the things we are searching for, out on the fringes and whatnot, there is something of a low density of value in the discourse we churn out.
I get a similar sense from Gravity's Rainbow, a lot of complex and sophisticated form with little to justify its complexity, in terms of substance.

But again I think, as far as theory is concerned, that pretentious form is sometimes justified by potent and hard-won insights, insights that wouldn't dawn on those who don't venture into complex form.

sus

Best
i can see the formatting when i quote it strangely. i dont think i would slap down words like

lungs

and

salt

particularly after a pregnant pause in that way. it's a bit unnatural, a bit theatrical.
It was a sloppy imitation but it took me 1 minute and was done from memory, purely for laughs, so you have to grade it on a curve

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Smh he sneers at what others find good, yet provides no plausible alternative value system only pure cynicism and nihilism, no kind of leader at all. Go watch Knightriders and come back when you're a better king

Gus you would have been banned on 555-5555 after your 2nd post, bitch please.

luka

I get a similar sense from Gravity's Rainbow, a lot of complex and sophisticated form with little to justify its complexity, in terms of substance.

But again I think, as far as theory is concerned, that pretentious form is sometimes justified by potent and hard-won insights, insights that wouldn't dawn on those who don't venture into complex form.
do you think there's a form? it mostly seems to dissolve

we talked about this re: 4chan. A whole culture built around hiding your tics and revealing/ridiculing those in others

thats great. Lad culture in general has this limiting policing mechanism. tragic and dull, I see it in working class friends, and those who want to seem working class, in a bit of a language prison

Of course but I mean for prolonged periods without the need to knowingly undermine it for conviviality or entertainment. Quite an Irish and British pressure maybe. Also, it’s down to giving yourself the time and space and esteem