Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha! Just heard that the Kremlin has weighed in, criticizing "America's archaic electoral system."

luka

my assumption is that the people are mostly real but the event is staged in that they were allowed to enter the building. Which caught them by surprise and they had no idea what to do when they got there because they weren't planning a coup, they just wanted a jolly.

Trump wasn't going to back them and egg them on because he didn't want a coup either. So there was no leadership and they were just there, milling around, excitable and astonished but lacking any direction. Very odd scenes.

I think the decision to finish Trump had been made between the big boys and this was how they were going to do it. I think you had a coordinated response from reps dems media and silicon valley. They knew what to expect and how they'd play it.

That's how I'm interpreting it.

luka

I think it's much more likely that Saturnalia is having its last spasm and the Lord of Misrule is not just going to be dethroned but ritually humiliated. Then the big boys will pick up where they left off.
This too, in the larger, ritualistic framework.

Reactions: sus

DannyL

Wild Horses
my assumption is that the people are mostly real but the event is staged in that they were allowed to enter the building. Which caught them by surprise and they had no idea what to do when they got there because they weren't planning a coup, they just wanted a jolly.

Trump wasn't going to back them and egg them on because he didn't want a coup either. So there was no leadership and they were just there, milling around, excitable and astonished but lacking any direction. Very odd scenes.

I think the decision to finish Trump had been made between the big boys and this was how they were going to do it. I think you had a coordinated response from reps dems media and silicon valley. They knew what to expect and how they'd play it.

That's how I'm interpreting it.
You have zero evidence for any of this right? Beyond hypothesising for yesterday's events. Ironically, this is kinda the same as Trump saying the election was stolen. He wants it to be true so he says it is. You want an exciting conspiratorial narrative so you basically make one up.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I can't remember the exact phrasing but the quote about cock up and conspiracy comes to mind.
I mean, who are these "big boys" you are alluding to? Biden? Shadowy Dem funders? Mark Zuckerberg and Silicon Valley?

DannyL

Wild Horses
They could do all these things but I don’t really understand why they would. Short of a coup this plays well for them as @luka said. let the Reps fuck it all up and then Biden comes in and does the whole heal the nation piece and ensures that a few obviously Nazi dudes are arrested for domestic terrorism.
Yeah, that's what I suspect will happen. I was just kind of alluding to the general point made by others and other occasions that the Dems are useless at challenging this stuff.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I suppose looking forwards I see them succeeding. Learning from the mistakes, getting better, some kind of popular American fascism really taking a deeper hold.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i think it was some sort of test and there will be another coup attempt soon. yesterday was the first time i saw and heard biden speaking, somehow i never saw any video's of him and well to me he sounded as if with every word he spoke it would be his last one, i even caught myself thinking, can someone put this guy out of his misery.

version

Hard not to find the Dems a bit spineless in all this. Early days I know, but it seems likely there's the possibility of copycat actions and escalation. Surely they should be taking a harsher line.
This was a copycat action. They'd already pulled something similar when they occupied government buildings in Michigan etc protesting lockdowns.

luka

It's interesting. I don't think the serious power is behind that kind of pop fascism. Something is behind it though, enough to have a president in place for four years. I'd like to know what, who, why.

In a way it's demonstrated that a mob can overpower security and take over. But a) has it really? This was clearly a set up and b) you need to know what to do once you get inside. What happens next? Mill about aimlessly till the national guard arrive and you go home quietly?