version

I think Karl Rove's probably right on this one,
There are suspicious partisans across the spectrum who believe widespread election fraud is possible. Some hanky-panky always goes on, and there are already reports of poll watchers in Philadelphia not being allowed to do their jobs. But stealing hundreds of thousands of votes would require a conspiracy on the scale of a James Bond movie. That isn’t going to happen.
Also I just can't take the claims coming from Trump and his supporters seriously as they've spent four years lying through their teeth about anything that suits them. They just come off as nutters and sore losers who think Trump is infallible and that they should get what they want by any means necessary.

version

It was a TikTok clip of a black guy in a luminous vest and wearing a BLM badge claiming he was tearing up Trump ballots then tearing some sort of form and throwing it over his shoulder. No idea whether it was legit. I didn't see a date on the clip, he seemed to be in a room on his own and I couldn't tell whether the thing he ripped up was actually a cast ballot or not. My gut says it was a pisstake designed to rile up Trump supporters and go viral and the fact the guy tweeting it's deleted it suggests as much, but who knows.

Leo

Sources said a Lord of the Flies atmosphere has enveloped the West Wing, with Trump advisers accusing each other of looking out for themselves. Two sources speculated that a report saying Jared Kushner had advised Trump to concede was a way for Kushner to position himself to his New York friends as a rational voice. “Jared is taking care of Jared,” one Trump adviser said. (Kushner and the Trump campaign did not respond to requests for comment.)

Another Republican suggested that Rudy Giuliani and Steve Bannon are pushing the most extreme election-fraud conspiracies because they want to curry favor with Trump for pardons. (In August, Bannon pleaded not guilty after being chargedwith fraud over his alleged role in a private border-wall scheme, while Giuliani has reportedly been under investigation by the Southern District of New York.) Bannon and Giuliani did not respond to requests for comment.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't know, but the narrative is changing somewhat.
Does it not strike you as even slightly suspicious that it's only die-hard MAGA-heads still whining about alleged voter fraud, while other Republican senators have congratulated Biden? Don't you think the GOP in general would be up in arms if there were any serious reason to doubt the result?

The plain truth is that this election was a good result for the Republican party, just a personal disaster for Trump.

Last edited:

Leo

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday did not acknowledge President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the election when he was asked whether he would cooperate with the Biden administration’s transition team.

“There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration,” Pompeo said during a State Department news conference.

version

I really hope this is just them doubling down to keep people on side for Georgia. Fucking mental either way though.

Leo

highly likely it's tied to Georgia runs offs, they need the base to be engaged. but the run offs are in January, which means two months of this nonsense.

version

is this the future of every close election now, if they have any more? One side accusing the other of fraud and refusing to accept the result?

Leo

I think this is tied to the unique power force of trump and the grip Repubs think he has on the party. doubt others would try this bunk, and would be shut down if they did.

version

Depends on the GOP really doesn't it?
Well, the Dems did it last election too. Nothing ever came of the Russia stuff and it just isn't a story anymore, but Hillary did concede the following morning and with them I think it was specifically to do with Trump whereas I can picture the GOP doing it whenever they lose.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Of course, the right are claiming that the Rs are now only doing what the Dems did last time. That's obviously not true though - as you say Clinton conceded and there was a normal transition. Lots of people were upset and moaned about it - and later there were several investigations which, ultimately, concluded that they were right to do so - but that's not the same as the actual Republican party and their appointees refusing to accept defeat.