IdleRich

IdleRich
And you say "nothing ever came of the Russia stuff" - well, the intelligence services and the Mueller investigation and the later Senate investigation all concluded that the Russians had indeed tried to and probably succeeded in influencing the election, and made recommendations to protect the future integrity of US elections, recommendations which were voted down by Moscow Mitch and his lackeys in the Senate....

version

And you say "nothing ever came of the Russia stuff" - well, the intelligence services and the Mueller investigation and the later Senate investigation all concluded that the Russians had indeed tried to and probably succeeded in influencing the election, and made recommendations to protect the future integrity of US elections, recommendations which were voted down by Moscow Mitch and his lackeys in the Senate....
Yeah, but I mean in terms of Trump himself being implicated. Obviously he could have been and they just couldn't definitively prove it, but it is what it is atm.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The thing was it kinda fell off the front pages cos just as it looked as though Trump was in the clear he phoned up the Ukraine PM and did something more blatant which lead to his impeachment... that was like some kind of death-drive taking over or something.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I mean Trump talks about the Russia hoax (unresolved at best), the impeachment hoax (impeached but somehow not removed) and the virus hoax (250k dead)... I dunno why he keeps using that as though he thinks it's some sort of great killer line.

Leo

article in the NY Times about QAnon followers struggling, lots of them shocked and losing faith because (apparently) Q has gone silent since Election Day.

Shocked by Trump’s Loss, QAnon Struggles to Keep the Faith

“Trump knows what he is doing,” wrote a member of a QAnon forum, well on his way to bargaining. “He is letting the Dems, technocrats and media publicly hang themselves.”

Some QAnon believers, however, were already inching toward acceptance.

“We’re losing,” one tweeted. “Not sure I trust the plan anymore. Not sure there even is a plan.”

Leo

I think they got it backwards, the (sad) news is "Fully 20% of Americans -- and half of all Republicans -- Still Don't Believe Biden Won"

IdleRich

IdleRich
article in the NY Times about QAnon followers struggling, lots of them shocked and losing faith because (apparently) Q has gone silent since Election Day.
Shocked by Trump’s Loss, QAnon Struggles to Keep the Faith
It feels a bit like the day after one of those "The world will end on x" predictions has failed for the cultists... and yet even those bounce back often enough so who knows?
Then again, conspiracy theories are thought to be able to reconfigure themselves to ALMOST anything with a kind of "ah but that's exactly what they want you to think" manvoeuvre... but maybe the only possible exception to that is when the entire basis for the cult is blatantly contradicted.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Oh they said the same thing in the article
“QAnon believers are used to having Q’s predictions not come true,” said William Partin, a research analyst at the nonprofit Data & Society who has studied the QAnon movement. “Sometimes people get disappointed and quit. Others try to adjust the overall narrative to make the setback part of some larger plan. But it’s very difficult to do that kind of adjustment with something as large as losing the presidential election.”