The End of Civilization.

woops

is not like other people
I have literally never heard of Stewart Brand. Hacker culture I've heard of cos in the 90s they always had a hacker character in action films to 'hack into the mainframe.' Then they furiously type away while a bead of sweat slaloms down their forehead
'Jesus Christ Gavin, we need you to get us in there, just make it happen'
the best one of these is in one of the daniel craig bond films where he looks at a matrix style 3d data stream and hacks it by noticing some special words in there he's a genus

linebaugh

the best one of these is in one of the daniel craig bond films where he looks at a matrix style 3d data stream and hacks it by noticing some special words in there he's a genus
just watched that. Very heavy handed fear of the future going on in that movie. A real get off my lawn picture. Also weird Freudian stuff undergirding the whole thing. We literally see him stand on his dead father after pining for a woman he calls mom the whole movie.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
yeah like I know there's that whole other side to hacker culture, more recently 2600 etc

how much of that transfers over to startups and further, to Silicon Valley (idk, tbc, that's why I'm asking)

woops

is not like other people
computers in general are much more exciting in films. no one uses windows. it's always a flashing red command line are you sure you want to initiate self destruct y/n