The End of Civilization.

sus

I tend to like engineers on average more than artists

but Sturgeon's law applies to people too

linebaugh

I tend to like engineers on average more than artists
does this exclude all the boring heterosexuals? I love my engineering friends and theyre probably easier to get on with than artist friends but Id rather be in a circle of 25 randomly selected artists types than engineers

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Its that their "nature", their psycho-genetic predisposition and their intrinsic optimal development, is bent by the gravity of the orthodoxy, which pathologizes deviance beyond certain parameters. The whole thing is a rather rotten mass casualty of psychic potential. Again, I don't think the orthodoxy is steered, per se, but rather sufficiently impacted by those with the resources to make a dent

constant escape

winter withered, warm
"their psycho-genetic predisposition and their intrinsic optimal development"

That is, what they would have amounted to if they experienced no pathologizing negative feedback whatsoever, hypothetically. If they happened to be predisposed toward a trajectory that more or less coincides with the bullseye established by the orthodoxy, with inner circles of excellence and whatnot.

luka

I shouldn't keep pretending I have no friends it upsets my friends on dissensus sorry friends I just like pretending I have no friends it makes me laugh

luka

I had a job in a coffee shop working with a few engineering students and they were very level headed calm gentle sane but it would be a stretch to describe them as human.

luka

I'm not sure I've been in a bad mood it was just a bit grim seeing the whole forum fall to pieces for a day or two stick a dinosaur up your arse etc I feel a bit run down today very tired a bit snotty maybe that's what you are interpreting as a good mood.

catalog

Well OK, sorry if a bit of a laugh seemed like the end times, let's not dwell on it. I thought you had got up with a spring in your step. Is it grim weather down there, looks like it's gonna be all day rain here. My bottle of silly psy bin mushroom juice has arrived, I'm gonna try it this weekend.

luka

Mushrooms will do you the world of good take everything seriously don't treat it like content you are watching on a screen come back to us completely transformed and speaking in a Terry McKenna squeaky strangulated elf voice.

luka

Get down your favourite wood while the leaves are still spreading a golden swathe through the forest walk in yellow world of autumn

luka

If they tell you to roll around in the mud just obey don't fight it or try to negotiate

luka

When people die on those things it's always falling off a cliff so be careful we don't mind you going a bit mad but shattered on the rocks is bad and irreversible

catalog

Yeah noted and thanks for the concern. There are some big cliffs actually where we're going but I think it's gonna be more a country park type vibe.