luka

There's no cult of Bezos. He's not hero worshipped by young Indian engineering students with stats in their eyes.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Of course cos basically it would invalidate pretty much everything you/I believe in if followed to its logical conclusions...
But here I just meant it to say that going to a Rothschild event is just as inner-circley as an any cultural event, just a different inner-circle and one that many would argue is more important.

sus

With my return, I've chosen a new path here on this board. Three metaphysical truths have appeared to me in solitude, and I am compelled to follow them.

1/ It's OK to just be a replyguy
2/ Real posters are at their best when working under constraint
3/ Only visit when stoned

This is my declaration of intent

luka

You do whatever you want Gus. We all support you and care for you and will only tell you you are wrong when you are wrong

• Haha
Reactions: Leo

constant escape

winter withered, warm
With my return, I've chosen a new path here on this board. Three metaphysical truths have appeared to me in solitude, and I am compelled to follow them.

I tend to get the impression, especially after smoking, that this forum is like a big schoolyard where we meander around, form discussion crowds with onlooking lurkers, people switching between crowds, all seen from above as a sort of random walk aggregation.

Leo

hope you get stoned often, Gus. also, I tend to be replyguy, but there's a special place for thread starters. be fearless!

craner

Beast of Burden

Did you go somewhere?

Leo

not me, I'm always chipper. except for when you say something dumb, then I'm required to call you out in a vicious way like craner does.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
But cultural capital could be seen as a replacement for real capital.

no, the dichotomy to real capital is fictitious capital, I.E: that existing in the housing market, stocks and securities. "accumulated claims, legal titles, to future production, not investment in physical production as it is currently extant, (tools and workers) aka. real capital.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It’s distressing, discourse from an attractive face with a personality, sense of humour and a big following. things that were incompatible ten years ago. Zizek the pioneer here.

Not particularly. It is not the American hinterland audience which is listening to chapo crackhouse and red scare, it is the metrapolitan new york elite who are undergoing an existential crisis as they realise that leftism is self-disintegrating. As an Irish bear you will be aware that two generations ago, our families were in a state of agrarian backwater feudalism. Leftism, in essence, whether it has adopted the messages of christian charity or marxism, have merely been the conduit for this civilising process. Gus's project is doomed as he has no direct memory of peasant culture - his ancestors genocided the American Indians to found the USA on a purely capitalist basis after all - America was the worlds first capitalist country with no aristocratic residues. numbers indicate nothing, only clear analyses do.

Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
What will happen with Gus's influencers is they will either advocate centrist technocratic politics a la the Biden administration (to stay relevant) remain stuck in a hopelessly outdated bernieism and fade into obscurity or side with the intersection between the democratic and republicans.

The influencer is never a creator, just a bandwagon jumper. They are actually exploiters in a very real sense of the term, using people like Gussy to get minted.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Zizek is not really an influencer. He is more a popular intellectual that manages to tell some quite scathing jokes that themselves would make the chapo and red scare lot run for the hills. Not that I am a massive fan, but give him to me over Freddy de boor.