Listen to this you knobheads

luka

And for all I know it could even literally be a matter of certain frequencies prompting this or that neurophysiological response, and not just a figurative thing.

I would assume it is if only on the basis that the boring answer is always the wrong answer

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
as fans of ramshackle and unpolished music we're always bound to lose the war as capital keeps inventing new shiney glossy surfaces. That's all Luke is fetishising in this instance.

luka

It's a cheap and underhand way to argue to claim that someone's pleasures are fetishistic and therefore somehow invalid. You are better than that

luka

That's a university argument not a real person argument. No human being talks like that

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Well can't there be points of equilibrium within the ramshackle, points liable to prove lucrative? Lo-Fi becoming popular despite the polished alternatives, etc?

And @luka can't disagree, but I think its worth taking pains to reconcile the real speak with the university speak, or to find a way to tether the latter down into the former.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's a cheap and underhand way to argue to claim that someone's pleasures are fetishistic and therefore somehow invalid. You are better than that

I mean, my pleasures are also fetishistic. How wouldn't they be? Everyone's pleasures are fetishistic.

luka

Well can't there be points of equilibrium within the ramshackle, points liable to prove lucrative? Lo-Fi becoming popular despite the polished alternatives, etc?

And @luka can't disagree, but I think its worth taking pains to reconcile the real speak with the university speak, or to find a way to tether the latter down into the former.
You could think of the lo fi as analogous with the archaism in poetry. So for instance it's impermissible for me to say

Thou art fair lovely little maiden

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
thats an absurd argument. archaism in poetry is referring to a hundreds year old trend. Lo fi is cheapness in production. If you're gonna make an argument about tech then don't blithely dismiss it as nerd shit.

luka

All our pleasures are sexual desires imparted onto objects.
This is a different argument and an interesting one. I don't actually agree but it's ok, I don't mind it. It's acceptable as a stance. It often feels true.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
what you can say is that theoretically the high definition can be stolen in 2020 (cracked computer software) whereas it couldn't in 1993. That's the argument.

luka

thats an absurd argument. archaism in poetry is referring to a hundreds year old trend. Lo fi is cheapness in production. If you're gonna make an argument about tech then don't blithely dismiss it as nerd shit.

It's exactly the same because what you are doing is leaning lazily on associations generated by vague notions of what poetry is supposed to sound like

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's exactly the same because what you are doing is leaning lazily on associations generated by vague notions of what poetry is supposed to sound like

But lo fi music is precisely not supposed to sound like music. That's exactly how the skeptics dismissed jungle. It's just trashy druggy chipmunky noise!