Emasculation of the Western Man

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
When I first saw it (was I 17?) I thought it was so cool.

Seems like it was a film that backfired because it was supposed to be satirising macho neitzscheans and instead now everybody wants 'the Brad Pitt body'.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've read a few of his books... I don't really understand how they are satire. I dunno what they are mind.

luka

you don't have to be a simpleton and take it at face value. It's a conversation about the popularity of these ideas in popular culture. How they've been sown through films and television series like fight club and breaking bad and any number of video games. How they've dovetailed with the mass take up of body building and MMA. How they've synergised with the alt-right and associated movements eg the incels you mention. The real anxieties these types of beliefs tap into. The fantasies they are built on and engender.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i think ive come to the conclusion that even if we made craner chemically gay he'd still be the temperamentally most straight man in the world. It's like this aussie bird i once wanted to date. she's so obsessed with talking about horrible men those horrible men became her validation. She could never actually go lesbian. Be very careful of people who over focus on men, usually it's a humble bragging ruthless enforcement of patriarchy.

luka

I'm not flirting with it. It's a real force in the world you have to reckon with it