Mojo Magazine's 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time

Benny Bunter

Another notable absence is Dark side of the moon which I reckon would have been top 10 mojo material a few years earlier, but here they've gone for the cooler Syd Barret era.

Benny Bunter

Yeah the top three is exactly the same in slightly different order.

They manage to squeeze in wu tang and aretha franklin in the 101-200 section lol

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Mojo is basically your dad (if you're a whiteboy in your mid to late 30s like me). It's your dad's top 100 albums.

My dad's top 100 albums would presumably be different but there definitely wouldn't be a rap album in there.

luka

The two really really weird things about the uncut list are the cure it turns out have made three of the best 100 albums ever, and LCD sound system are in there

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My colleagues at work are all into bands. It's very confusing and distressing. It's a totally different world of taste to mine. They're my age, too, or younger.

craner

Beast of Burden
Prefab Sprout have plummeted to No. 190 in the new one.

Also, a radical reappraisal of Stand! has occurred — not only has it been overtaken by Riot, it’s completely dropped out of the Top 200. But so has, thankfully, Hot Rats.

craner

Beast of Burden
Not everyone on here is a dad but quite a few are or are the age to be. This place is the nuum Mojo.

I was thinking this in the shower this morning, re: Simon’s Britpop comments. Britpop did have the vote of the kids, and a lot of Dads saw it as pathetically derivative. My Dad certainly did, he thought my generation was laughable because of Britpop. But he also thought that jungle was just an inferior version of Tony Williams. The terrifying thing is he was about my age now when Britpop hit.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Do you think the obligation (some of us) feel to keep up with what the kids listen to is a new thing, or the same old story?

Not to mention that the only stuff we're interested in that the kids like is stuff that resembles what we like e.g. juke resembling jungle.