Mojo Magazine's 100 Greatest Albums Of All Time

luka

My dad bought a Carleen Anderson album once although that's not exactly 'keeping up with the kids'

craner

Beast of Burden
Dads have been saved by archiving though. Mine doesn’t have to keep up now, he can just buy the Bitches Brew sessions boxset, or say Alexa play Archie Shepp and he has access to more of the stuff he grew up loving and actually understands.

craner

Beast of Burden
I was reading about 3-D printing yesterday, and how it could transform fashion by erasing time, like happened with music: you can order a dress worn by a Hollywood star in 1938, download it, receive it, wear it. Anything you want from anytime.

luka

I was reading about 3-D printing yesterday, and how it could transform fashion by erasing time, like happened with music: you can order a dress worn by a Hollywood star in 1938, download it, receive it, wear it. Anything you want from anytime.
That's an idea to conjure with. I'll take that.

craner

Beast of Burden
When mark fisher died some old bloggers went for a walk and I was stuck with @Matthew diggedy Derek and Jim, all Music and video exchange alumni, and they spent an hour pretending to like steely dan, that's all they talked about, while I was just stewing in silence

I quote this all the time.

Benny Bunter

I can't say anything i suppose, I'm quite partial to a bit of christopher cross when I hear it in the wild, preferably on a long car journey