luka

can you do a review of all the new ones. sketch out their character traits etc so we know what to expect.

sus

Stop pretending like were not the best of friends
We should get a kickstarter going so Linebaugh can afford a cross-atlantic flight to visit his friend version, very difficult on a stick'and'poke income I'm afraid, but it would mean so much to him, he's never left the united states, it's important to see the world a bit before you die

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'd like to see an anthropological study of dissensus, like when one of those scientists observes a group of gorillas over a five year period

linebaugh

The Kid - Bob Dylan fanatic, sports gambler, Michael Mann cultist, Disciple of LeBron.
Ian - Master of Cinema, Appreciator of Violence, extremely right wing.
Lou (if he ever breaks cover) - The most evil man alive. Holocaust denier. Predator. War criminal. Lawyer.
We joke about lou but he did do actual jail time which is kind of the genisis of it all

Ian Scuffling

I see the "flattening" but I've always been sympathetic to that sort of criticism because especially in the age of the internet it's probably a good thing to have as many articulate people as possible helping young people attain and understand these heuristics. I read this post as basically a sparknotes of The Birth of Tragedy, but it might help a zoomer who's never even heard of Nietzsche come to an understanding of the concept. And it's ridiculous to act as if this flattening isn't the basic practice and ideal form of criticism. If everyone on substack and medium were writing like this I'd chalk that up as a net positive.

linebaugh

I see the "flattening" but I've always been sympathetic to that sort of criticism because especially in the age of the internet it's probably a good thing to have as many articulate people as possible helping young people attain and understand these heuristics. I read this post as basically a sparknotes of The Birth of Tragedy, but it might help a zoomer who's never even heard of Nietzsche come to an understanding of the concept. And it's ridiculous to act as if this flattening isn't the basic practice and ideal form of criticism. If everyone on substack and medium were writing like this I'd chalk that up as a net positive.
Sus didnt write that blog thats fellow american user mvuent who has been on a leave of absence ever since he went to london and met luke and I guess something horrible happened

Ian Scuffling

Who is Sus in that post?

I'm not surprised to find out Luke killed someone but I am confused as to why he seems to have gotten away with it

• Haha
Reactions: sus