luka

that sense of the strong in flight pushing the limits of their strength and finding something terrible there. and the interplay between the bold and reckless and the more cautious and prudent, more aware of the dangers and the limits of human strength. hubris and so on.

luka

and that fed into my notion of community as teaching machine, and feedback from every indivudal helping you, in theory, to course correct, adjust the velocity and trajectory.

sus

@other_life he said you have to talk about magic
In yet another sense, science may be said to be actually producing wonders. For the unexpected thing, the thing that is improbable and surprising, is also a wonder, and this is the sort of event that scientific knowledge, applied through technology to animate and inanimate nature, can produce

luka

In yet another sense, science may be said to be actually producing wonders. For the unexpected thing, the thing that is improbable and surprising, is also a wonder, and this is the sort of event that scientific knowledge, applied through technology to animate and inanimate nature, can produce
sometimes it feels like a literalisation, or material counterpart to what happens in the mind. a working it out in material terms. sometimes it even feels like an attempt to force the hand of god or find a makers mark

sus

this speaks to a view of magic as implicitly/prototypically materialist and atheist. because the emphasis is on shortcutting causal networks in order to align effect with desire; align desire with causality-as is-already the case, where both or either element is crucially 'occulted' before the pathworker makes their wonder
Magic should be reserved for the operations of the
Magician. Art is the human process that produces by the way (it is not its only or ultimate
object) Secondary Belief. Art of the same sort, if more skilled and effortless, the elves can also
use, or so the reports seem to show; but the more potent and specially elvish craft I will, for
lack of a less debatable word, call Enchantment. Enchantment produces a Secondary World into
which both designer and spectator can enter, to the satisfaction of their senses while they are
inside; but in its purity it is artistic in desire and purpose. Magic produces, or pretends to
produce, an alteration in the Primary World. It does not matter by whom it is said to be
practised, fay or mortal, it remains distinct from the other two; it is not an art but a technique;
its desire is power in this world, domination of things and wills.

luka

what you want from dissensus is to be able to tune into each others frequency to the point its possible to actually start producing things together. and spark off each other, and the you get that thing of a shared mind which is better than your own, and it's really fun and energising. most of the time we exist at a low frequency and we can't access our own genius. but once you start talking, you start recalling it, and piecing it back together, and can even reach the heights you were at the last time you were alive.

luka

art. you reach a peak. and through one act of negligence after another, you fall down. consciousness. gradually, insididiously, down from the peak, or all at once and catastrophically.

luka

i always say the exquisite science, my kind of magic, is the art of staying high all the time. but i havent figured it out yet. or i have, but i keep forgetting it.

sus

art. you reach a peak. and through one act of negligence after another, you fall down. consciousness. gradually, insididiously, down from the peak, or all at once and catastrophically.
Yes but the nice thing about crashing is you can ascend again

Eternal resurrection

sus

i always say the exquisite science, my kind of magic, is the art of staying high all the time. but i havent figured it out yet. or i have, but i keep forgetting it.
Cycling drugs helps. Polydrug addiction. One day its morphine one day it's marathons

luka

it was a difficult time with him in london. i dont actually think i did any bad things to him particularly. but i dont think he left in a better state than he arrived either. i do wonder really. i felt i couldnt quite get through to him, or he wanted something i couldnt provide.
Cycling drugs helps. Polydrug addiction. One day its morphine one day it's marathons
this is what sufi always says, change the medicine.