luka

they say buddha was quite enlightened. and a few people noticed and just followed him around all the time.

luka

i need attention. i cant function without it. i need people to tell me im wonderful, pertty much every single day.

sus

well he was really rich wasnt he so they probably had other reasons for following him around, but yes

sus

i need attention. i cant function without it. i need people to tell me im wonderful, pertty much every single day.
The board should just cut to the chase and become an affirmation based mens group. We all leave voice messages on each others phones saying how clever we are

sus

Would you become a cult leader if you had another go around. If someone offered. lets say the ladies are extra sexy.

luka

thats what you want i reckon. people to notice and just follow you around cos there's like, something different about you. youve got some magic dust abut you. then you know its not just in your imagination. doesnt have to be many. jesus only had a few lads, probably thought they were all thick as well. but it was better than nothing.

sus

The thing that is interesting about cult leaders is they already have the supreme self conviction. Its a confidence game and the first mark is yourself. And then sometimes they lose that faith and everything falls apart

other_life

bioconfused
barty was round earlier and we were talking about the trope of the mad homeless man as heirophant like in the invisibles, and how its that thing of the god being hidden, where youd least expect it, covered in muck

the hospitable and charitable have entertained angels unawares

There's something missing you feel precarious and scared you need control

Aha! From part 3 of His Illustrious Ethics:

"This endeavour to do a thing or leave it undone, solely in order to please men, we call ambition, especially when we so eagerly endeavour to please the vulgar, that we do or omit certain things to our own or another's hurt; in other cases it is generally called kindliness."

"This endeavour to bring it about, that our own likes and dislikes should meet with universal approval, is really ambition; wherefore we see that everyone by nature desires, that the rest of mankind should live according to his own individual disposition: when such a desire is equally present in all, everyone stands in everyone else's way, and in wishing to be loved or praised by all, all become mutually hateful. [Nota bene - this is basically identical to how Reich defines 'the emotional plague']"

And lastly:

"Ambition is the immoderate desire of power.
(Explanation: Ambition is the desire, whereby all the emotions are fostered and strengthened; therefore this emotion can [only] with difficulty be overcome. For, so long as a man is bound by any desire, he is at the same time necessarily bound by this."

• Wow
Reactions: sus

luka

versions going to be really happy when he sees we've been chatting away nicely all this time. this is why hes invited all thsoe new americans. so dissensus can go back to people chatting happily away not being weirdo freaks and doing stupid embaressing arguments.