sus

There are parts of this I think are silly, but

In general it's hard for me to take issue with any cultural technology that

1) diversifies options

2) is voluntarily chosen

3) takes a different strategic approach from the dominant culture

So in that spirit, even insofar as I don't identify as trad, I support trad diversification!​

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I grew up with these Hungarian-Pakistani brothers who went on to be career criminals. They were my next door neighbours we used to play football together, pro-wrestling etc
You had a great story that involved their mum, but I can't remember whether they scammed her, or she was in on one of their schemes.

sus

Padraig does not support diversity or free choice

Even though all the science about ecosystems says: monoculture bad

Still, he wants to impose his progressive worldview top-down on everyone

operation "True and only heaven" he calls it​

And it always rears up when there's been some expansion of power - suffrage or otherwise - to parts of society who didn't have it before and/or in the wake of some great national trauma. A return to the golden age. Palingenetic rebirth. We've been over this many times.

This is how I see it, a retreat to safety and comfort after technological expansion, especially with those who had power, and they can easily end up finding sympathy and numbers and a willing ear in the very bad racist stuff. Its quite cowardly, in the same way we see twee and indie as cowardly

sus

This board is literally a space where folks in their middleage go to fret about Big Tech and the collapse of democracy

I agreeโ€”allying with xenophobes and nationalists out of fear is bad, and I hereby ceremonially damn everyone who does so

HOWEVER

This seems separate from the question of whether there's a form of "legitimate" trad impulse, to reclaim lost institutions or values or ways of life

And, specifically, which path the cases cited upthread take

That I think we can and should talk about;

disagree @shiels?​

luka

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

sus

he's right about necrophilia tho

If I wanna fuck my dead daughter, who exactly is the victim?

(assume her mother is deceased as well)​

well for me its less about a dead person getting fucked - more about managing the type of mind who wants to fuck dead people - the type who asks a psychopathic question like 'whos the victim'

luka

Gus said he's autistic not psychopathic although he hasn't produced the records to prove it and, when you think about it, that is exactly the sort of lie a psychopath would tell

linebaugh

center alignment, show girls avi, pro-necrophillia suspended is his ultimate form, the logical conclusion to his whole persona. like when Lebron finally got a jumper. has any other user maxed out their potential in this way?