Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
@HMGovt I was just tasked with compiling a list of NFT projects that involve narratives or storylines, and I was wondering if you had come across any. I'm helping build one of those big maps where a bunch of project icons are grouped into different categories.

Right now the only ones that come to mind are Good Morning News, and Project Indigo.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Project Indigo is the best example I can think of that centers around a narrative, has a writer, voting on story progression. It's slow, but I enjoy it. Feels like an scifi RPG from 1986, in a good way.

EtherOrcs has an overarching narrative, but it's incidental to gameplay, scene setting.
Thanks, I'll include Ether Orcs in the roundup.

Yeah Project Indigo seems like the coolest NFT project on Stacks right now, in my opinion.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
They get it:

"Blockchain combines several technologies to provide a trusted, tamper-resistant record of transactions by multiple parties without a central authority such as a bank. Blockchain can be used for a variety of financial and non-financial applications, including cryptocurrency, supply chain management, and legal records. GAO found that blockchain is useful for some applications but limited or even problematic for others. For example, because of its tamper resistance, it may be useful for applications involving many participants who do not necessarily trust each other. But it may be overly complex for a few trusted users, where traditional spreadsheets and databases may be more helpful. Blockchain may also present security and privacy challenges and can be energy intensive."

Pandiculate

Apparently Nelson Mandela's arrest warrant is now an NFT.
every time I read something like this I go through the same thought loop of "but why does it need to be an NFT" and I still struggle with it.

I guess this is much easier to do with NFTs
The first buyer of this NFT will be entitled to 5% of any subsequent sale in perpetuity.

Pandiculate

was just about to share this, it's just a constant stream of hacks. That's where the real gains to be made are.

snav

was just about to share this, it's just a constant stream of hacks. That's where the real gains to be made are.

thing is, how can someone possibly call their product "decentralized" if 4 out of 9 validators are operated by the same company? that's like calling amazon decentralized because you can buy products elsewhere.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
thing is, how can someone possibly call their product "decentralized" if 4 out of 9 validators are operated by the same company? that's like calling amazon decentralized because you can buy products elsewhere.
My thoughts exactly. Granted there are some arguments to made for certain business models to have centralized, permissioned blockchains, but if the Ronin blockchain was marketed as a decentralized blockchain, then that's simply false.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
it does seem kinda hard to get away with those hacks right? i have the feeling the people involved are always getting caught.