Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
It's normal to be in the red with crypto, but it's only really a problem if it's money that you need for living expenses. Aside from that risk, if you believe in and understand (to an extent) what you're investing in, you should be better off than most. At that point, it's just a matter of discipline and faith.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
But things move very quickly here, so what looks like a promising protocol today may be eclipsed and rendered obsolete relatively quickly, especially considering how much of this is open-source.

Dusty

Tone deaf
If you have no interest in constantly reading up on crypto hype and just want to make a long term investment, then buy Bitcoin. The rest is just noise.

Dusty

Tone deaf
Then he should use high leverage trading and go 100x on a random shitcoin. Roll the dice, take a chance.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
If you have no interest in constantly reading up on crypto hype and just want to make a long term investment, then buy Bitcoin. The rest is just noise.
Yeah this is the most reliable thing long-term, in my opinion. If I was gonna make another investment in Bitcoin, I'd set a limit order for around $40k, maybe stagger out your initial investment in increments around $40k.

That is, if you are doing a $2000 investment, allocate $500 to buy BTC at $39k, $500 to buy at $40k, $500 to buy at $41k, $500 to buy at $42k. Sort of like a manual equivalent of dollar cost averaging, but you get to specify the range.

Personally my average buy price for BTC is $53k, as I started buying before I learned about limit orders.

I do have reservations about investing in Bitcoin because of the energy intensive nature of its architecture (as far as I know), but I also think there is a clear market for layer 2 protocols that can make this more efficient.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Even better if you can keep this BTC in an interest-yielding account of some sort, such as a lending platform.

There are also non-lending (i.e. even less risky) ways to get passive income in BTC, but now we are straying from simple investment strategies.

luka

greens do you mind getting an uber round mine can you bring lager? Ive got almost 2 thirds a bottle of scotch. bring me 5 cans of lager if possible

toko

what should i buy martin? i feel like i'm the only person actually losing money with crypto. and who is the fat dog with the laser eyes?

basically in crypto there is a food chain that corresponds to information and money:

Those at the top include massive trad-institutional funds, (microstrat) massive crypto native funds,(alameda + 3ac for example), mining companies, etc. These guys generally only trade/hold major coins like btc/eth and sometimes stuff like avax solana. (Since they have so much money they need liquid markets). These guys generally do not trade and instead hold and they often create long term floors/ceilings in price. (If they are market makers sometimes they trade)

At the next level, you have directional traders, this includes hedge funds, super high nw cryptonatives (cobie, and nomad come to mind). These guys are all about making directional bets based on institutional money flow. Generally, these guys talk to each other through private telegram/discord groups. They are usually active on twitter as well. These guys do not generally play with shitcoins outside of top 100 (too illiquid) but they are so rich that they create markets. They probably do some form of angel investing into newer stuff as well. Generally not worth following on twitter unless you find their alt account. They attract too much attention with tweets so their main accounts are relegated to tweeting overly vague comments about price and projects.

Next you got mid-level traders--they listen to the guys listed above and are usually in the same trading groups. They, however, have less wealth and are less likely to move markets. They probably dabble in degen defi stuff and are looking to go to the next level. Almost all of them are on twitter / tg and they do their own research. Much more likely to give info about good projects on twitter. (satsdart and z (aka blknoiz06)) bc they havent hit critical mass in followers yet. 8-9 figs usually.

Next you got twitter reply guys, people who orbit mid and high level. A lot of anon former 4chan biz members for example belong here. Usually NW of 7-8 figs.

Then you get redditors (do not listen to these guys.) They are always late to trends and end up being used as exit liquidity for the higher-level traders.

total normies. bottom of the food chain. Sometimes these guys make money because they are so stupid it works out.

But yeah, in this market information = money, so the higher up the food chain you go the better.

toko

I realize now I haven't actually told you how to make money fast. here are so good handels that should get you started @blknoiz06 @satsdart @Pentosh1 @Tetranode @0xSisyphus

toko

if you want projects I'm actually holding you can dm me. but i dont want to shit up this board any more talking about ponzis.