luka

those examples dont match the intensity and the exposure that the passage talks about though. thats more heavy psychedelics really.

catalog

Is that not more going into a mode, putting on a suit and mask? I have that too, if I'm drawing or writing a lot, and you recognise a pattern of things. I find it distressing though.

version

You can argue it applies to everyone, but there are degrees to it, imo. It's much more obvious in people who spend a lot of time online than people who don't. The weird, liberal journalists on Twitter from the US spring to mind. They just regurgitate each other's headlines and talking points whilst glued to the news cycle.

catalog

You can argue it applies to everyone, but there are degrees to it, imo. It's much more obvious in people who spend a lot of time online than people who don't. The weird, liberal journalists on Twitter from the US spring to mind. They just regurgitate each other's headlines and talking points whilst glued to the news cycle.
Our sensory organs (twitter employs at least vision, hearing, touch) are merely conduits for the flow of spurious information.

woops

is not like other people
in my local shop you can buy "black garlic" don't know what that is or want to know.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Roast garlic clove in olive oil for a bit, ad a bit of butter at end

Smear on quality baguette, grill for a few mins

Rush your bollocks off

luka

i was thinking smash up a whole head of garlic and mix it with a slab of butter then coat a sliced baggette with it. i want
it to taste like the eighties garlic bread of my childhood. but more so.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
A good 2 minute clip at 52:40, this Edward Tufte talk, who is apparently a data science mogul.

He says, if you are doing creative work, not to start your day with "addicting time-vampire" activities like email, social media, newsletters, etc., but to instead start your creative work right away. He said that many creative workers have independently made this discovery.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
hes not wrong but does he look like a man whos ever done 'creative work' to you?
That talk of his did reveal a deep scientism (the obligatory jab at astrology, which granted does often supplant people's rationality in silly ways), but setting him aside I do think that there is a ton of room for creativity in presenting data.