Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
my friend has just finished his masters in neuroscience he said he learned basically that its a load of rubbish
Its the science that is most shrouded in mystery, as far as I can tell, or at least the one that is most acutely cognizant of the extent of its known unknown. Quantum mechanics seems to be close, but then again there seem to be certain neural phenomena that leverage quantum properties of particles (electron tunneling? Microtubules?), so it's as if neuroscience, as a field, subsumes some if not all of the complexity of quantum mechanics as a field.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
sounds like you're the guy from a beautiful mind
I haven't seen that yet, but I'm sure I'll relate to it. Seems like figures like this either end up being totalized inside of science and scientism, or else go totally askew and get burned at the stake or some such. I can see how my experiences can be interpreted as divine, if I was cultivated in a more throughly religious atmosphere, e.g. the lead from Breaking the Waves, forget her name.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I've teetered, and may still teeter, on an actual messiah complex. Thankfully I'm enough of a cognitivist to appreciate religion as canonical construct of existential algorithms, in effect, not to confuse the map with the territory, etc.

Another interesting psychological pattern of mine, is to interpret success along an axis, and seek out the extremity of that axis. I can try to think of better examples, but one was in freshman year where the axis was party-friendliness, and I chugged a water-bottle of bottom-tier vodka and woke up in the hospital. Or next year going sky-diving on LSD, etc.

catalog

Something has happened with garlic bread you are right. The only one that I can eat now is the one with cheese.

luka

Something has happened with garlic bread you are right. The only one that I can eat now is the one with cheese.
exactly. but having it with cheese is cheating. not really garlic bread. garlic bread in the 80s and probably into the early 90s was
the best food on earth.

catalog

Must be our mouths, our taste buds. Too much has gone in em.

It's true that a garlic bread with cheese is basically cheese on toast or approaching pizza.

catalog

Very rarely get the tight full baguette garlic bread nowadays. I get the pre sliced one. But always with cheese.

Leo

exactly. but having it with cheese is cheating. not really garlic bread. garlic bread in the 80s and probably into the early 90s was
the best food on earth.

You complain about the Dinner of the Day thread yet post here about your garlic bread adventures. Appalling behavior.

catalog

I haven't really caught the gist of this thread at all but it's always good to get clin's chat. And garlic bread is quite an important topic.