forclosure

the only thing that could ever make me listen to mariah carey, ever
i mean i'm with you there but i just had to ask since you was saying you don't like any ODB feature, come on man he's made some decent ones outside of the Wu-tang world

He's EASILY the best part of Ghetto Superstar

woops

is not like other people
you've got the wrong end of the stick, i love em all including that neptunes one, he's usually the best part of anything he's on

woops

is not like other people
probably wouldn't of listened to any rap at all if it weren't for return to the 36 chambers

catalog

OK lads I think we'll have to bracket this busta rhymes discussion.

I can see the error of my ways in terms of the comparisons I made, can see I've touched some nerves there.

Im not sure I want you to cause a disgrace in my place but you are always welcome around here, I will take you for a nice pint of carling and some pork scratchings.

I still can't say I would willingly listen to that busta rhymes one over over the other one posted in that pairing, the 2pac one.

But I will listen with an open ear to busta rhymes from now on.

forclosure

OK lads I think we'll have to bracket this busta rhymes discussion.

I can see the error of my ways in terms of the comparisons I made, can see I've touched some nerves there.

Im not sure I want you to cause a disgrace in my place but you are always welcome around here, I will take you for a nice pint of carling and some pork scratchings.

I still can't say I would willingly listen to that busta rhymes one over over the other one posted in that pairing, the 2pac one.

But I will listen with an open ear to busta rhymes from now on.
appreciated also i like how you keep bringing up 2pac even though it ain't his tune

catalog

ok here we go i WAS gonna do UK/US collabs but we can hold that off so here's the "some of my favs" portion of this ting:

starting with these 2 @catalog :

1st one: I like the Halloween/John Carpenter esque tune. Some good rhyming (raptors/rappers/backpackers). I prefer the 2nd guy with the slightly heavier, more baritone voice. Pretty good tune but nothing special to these cloth ears.

2nd one: I really like those electro-ish stabs at the beginning. I prefer this guys voice to 1st one. Think I heard of kurupt, he was on death row and got beaten up, made to wear a dog collar or something? The beat's great, love that judder. Feels very hype Williams era hip hop, I can picture the video.

I like the relay work with number 2 rapper. Very good production isn't it, very clean and clear.

Number 2 is the better of the pair after 1 listen.

forclosure

1st one: I like the Halloween/John Carpenter esque tune. Some good rhyming (raptors/rappers/backpackers). I prefer the 2nd guy with the slightly heavier, more baritone voice. Pretty good tune but nothing special to these cloth ears.

2nd one: I really like those electro-ish stabs at the beginning. I prefer this guys voice to 1st one. Think I heard of kurupt, he was on death row and got beaten up, made to wear a dog collar or something? The beat's great, love that judder. Feels very hype Williams era hip hop, I can picture the video.

I like the relay work with number 2 rapper. Very good production isn't it, very clean and clear.

Number 2 is the better of the pair after 1 listen.
Also what you telling me you didn't find anything in Fuck dat rapper funny...like at all?

what is with you and hype williams lately? is he your only frame of refference for rap video directors?

I don't know anything about this dog collar story but considering alot of the stories about how Suge Knight was treating man at death row that don't surprise me, but yeah Kurupt is one half of the Dogg Pound originally from Philly before his family moved to the West Coast, kind of a shell of what he once was but at his peak man was super scientifical and g'd up at the same time, had a great way of building up words and knocking them down in a verse. There's stories of how when Death Row would be touring in the 90s and local rappers came up to asking about trying to get a deal they'd have to go and battle Kurupt.

here's the video for 9x out of 10,the track came out in 2009 so LOONG after the era you're thinking of:
@catalog this doesn't have that solid colour fish eye lens you're probably hoping it would

Last edited:

catalog

Yes, my frames of reference are narrow, which other famous hip hop video directors are there tho? Hype defined something, for a good number of years.

And no, I don't find it funny, maybe I would if I was younger, dunno. Im not really into the really overt aggression. Although, having said that, I do love trims lowdown where he goes in on loads of people, I love that and think it's hilarious.

forclosure

Yes, my frames of reference are narrow, which other famous hip hop video directors are there tho? Hype defined something, for a good number of years.

And no, I don't find it funny, maybe I would if I was younger, dunno. Im not really into the really overt aggression. Although, having said that, I do love trims lowdown where he goes in on loads of people, I love that and think it's hilarious.

i mean F. Gary Grey,Spike Jonze,Chris Robinson, Director X & Benny Boom (who are both students of Williams)

Joseph Kahn who directed a couple of the Fast & Furious movies got his start making rap music videos

catalog

i mean F. Gary Grey,Spike Jonze,Chris Robinson, Director X & Benny Boom (who are both students of Williams)

Joseph Kahn who directed a couple of the Fast & Furious movies got his start making rap music videos
F. Gary Grey did Friday right? Can't say I've heard of any of the others, apart from Spike Jonze, but I'll check em out.