luka

it doesnt seem to be helping hes already at the physical limit of birds possible to pull

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Anyway catalog why you aren't the doorkeeper of your thread? Give us some meat and bone to work with! Muster some enthusiasm! Otherwise we'll just keep going off topic.

forclosure

well, yeah, i probably never heard Busta out anywhere. Let's see what other videos Hype Williams made in the same year he made this one:

1997[edit]​

Would you place Busta above Mase? We'll have to discount R.Kelly I think. Snow! LOL!

Britney Spears / Hit me baby one more time vibe on the video (Britney was 98).
Ma$e is an odd one cause he vanished after his 2nd album(which was shit imo) but his influence on rap is very large (look at both 50 cent and Kanye the biggest rappers of the 2000s) i think Harlem World is a really good album but he's a very sus guy aswell

also looking at that list that refugee camp track doesn't fill me with much hope and i have no idea who Wild Orchid is

forclosure

yes i know i should not have mentioned dean blunt! but really there is a good essay to be written about the lift of the name hype williams cos i think he is pointing to how much of that era of mtv base was an influence. and HW is the glue of it all in a sense.

i accept my tomatoes.

re keith - not sure what you mean really. i don't have a massive urge to listen to everything he's done (but i will check those ones woops posted). He's just someone i can always reliably know i'm going to like, whichever of his songs comes on. oddly, i have tried a bit with lil b but i've never understood his appeal.
if you ask me i think Matthew is funny but those beats can be a chore to listen to especially cause that was when he was really trying to ward off his increasingly whiter fanbased after post-Octagon

forclosure

Afroman is a comedy rapper who LITERALLY has one joke to him, i can only imagine how you'd respond to actual novelty rap shit from the era like say Das EFX, Fu-schnickens or all the kiddie rappers who came out in the 90s.

Granted i say this but if i introduced you to say Head or Gut by Illegal man would probably try to make some really tortured link between them and the GBE drill youts that would make corpsey at his worst curl into a ball