mixed_biscuits

Here's a new thesis. The common @148 I.Q. Magical Thinker / @mixed_biscuits argument against vaccines is a) that they might be bad for you, b) that the people who make them are ethically dubious and concerned only with making as much money as possible, and that c) there is insufficient oversight, control and accountability, connected to points a) and b). That seems a fair summary, yes?

Then anyone who opposes vaccines on that basis, but has also taken illegal drugs on one or more occasions, is self-evidently a fucking imbecile and can be ignored without any further inquiry.
Well, I've never *injected* any drugs

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If we don't have trust, we don't have anything :(
"This double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial, that took six months and involved 50,000 people, showed that a life-threatening abreaction is about as likely as being struck by lightning, but it sounds pretty sketchy to me. My mate Dave had it and says his arm fell off, and I trust him, so I'm definitely not getting it."

mixed_biscuits

"This double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial, that took six months and involved 50,000 people, showed that a life-threatening abreaction is about as likely as being struck by lightning, but it sounds pretty sketchy to me. My mate Dave had it and says his arm fell off, and I trust him, so I'm definitely not getting it."
Remember that the BMJ revealed that they fudged the trial

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Remember that the BMJ revealed that they fudged the trial
That was only one company subcontracted by one vaccine manufacturer, and it didn't actually invalidate any of the results. It was mainly a criticism of poor practice like leaving paperwork lying around.

luka

Here's a new thesis. The common @148 I.Q. Magical Thinker / @mixed_biscuits argument against vaccines is a) that they might be bad for you, b) that the people who make them are ethically dubious and concerned only with making as much money as possible, and that c) there is insufficient oversight, control and accountability, connected to points a) and b). That seems a fair summary, yes?

Then anyone who opposes vaccines on that basis, but has also taken illegal drugs on one or more occasions, is self-evidently a fucking imbecile and can be ignored without any further inquiry.
It was going ok until the conclusion because illegal drugs are brilliant and make you feel amazing

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Pretty low in the scheme of things though
Depends on your priorities, I suppose.

I mean, some very timid, low-grade sorts of people might think that the risk of being made seriously ill or dead is a good reason to avoid illegal drugs.

Although I'm sure nobody here would associate with anyone like that.

version

I think quite a lot of people still are, aren't they? I know I'm worried about it.

But Pfizer doesn't run hospitals, as far as I know. And profit-making companies producing drugs and equipment have supplied the NHS since it was founded.
It wasn't just about American companies running hospitals though, was it? There were also concerns about US drug companies being able to jack up prices and push the overall health system closer to their own.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It wasn't just about American companies running hospitals though, was it? There were also concerns about US drug companies being able to jack up prices and push the overall health system closer to their own.
Well what's the alternative, then?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Successors to antibiotics failing in the coming decades = very real. Not medicalisation of problems, no-one wants to rewind the years. Mini golden age of effective medicine is corroding increasingly. Big pharma knows it. The future is always uncertain. Corbyn’s patenting policy was as close as we’ll ever get to averting overt profiteering, only policy move in an ocean of lol. Capitalist Realism 2.0

Not your dystopian red pill world-view Guv, but overhauling buckling systems is surely a priority? NHS-2.0? Housing and retail space repurposed? Our problems are bigger than Covid. Being a crypto landlord is admirable for some. So is being pro Wuhan killer sneeze infection, or pro land war in Asia, or pro crying to J Newsom on the way to a dogging meet in Bunny, or being pathologically anti-trains

If crypto gets you the life you seek for yourself and your clan, I can respect that - don’t hate the player hate the game - it’s your hubris which discolours any fun

Prepare for Third style Dead bombing