Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Right, but that's not what your Reddit story claimed, was it. I was aware of the distinction beforehand anyway
You've confused two different things I was talking about. One was the hospitalization rate for vaxxed vs unvaxxed in the UK, although I'm sure it's similar in the USA, as Leo hinted. The other thing was a description of enraged relatives of the badly sick unvaxxed verbally and physically assaulting doctors, because they've taken a medical degree at the University of Facebook and believe all doctors to be part of a sinister global conspiracy.

mixed_biscuits

You've confused two different things I was talking about. One was the hospitalization rate for vaxxed vs unvaxxed in the UK, although I'm sure it's similar in the USA, as Leo hinted. The other thing was a description of enraged relatives of the badly sick unvaxxed verbally and physically assaulting doctors, because they've taken a medical degree at the University of Facebook and believe all doctors to be part of a sinister global conspiracy.
I haven't confused anything: you're the one who's conflating things now.

This "University of Facebook" trope is pretty lame seeing as many of the pertinent points of discord in covid land are between academics and very well documented beyond social media (on which anyone can link to those documents anyway). It's a consolation of the gliberal mindset: that they salve their egos by play-acting gatekeeper for those with real sway.

And it's with sway - power - that these useful idiots align themselves as they will ignore any peer-reviewed research unless it has been given a bureaucratic seal of approval; this makes the 'university' part of the trope even more ridiculous.

Last edited:

catalog

This is the problem with the biscuits position it's like he's trying to stand outside himself and pretend he's not human. What happened to him, he's like the spiderman evil scientist.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
He obviously means icky, bad, nasty drugs, such as heroin, as opposed to the more or wholesome, harmless ones, such as crack or PCP.