sus

Americans and rock music, much more open to it I feel?

Over here it's the uncoolest thing in the world to play a guitar

Some people might think it's cool but actually it's incredibly embarrassing
We're past you in the dialectic. Even in the oughts we had LCD lines charting the shift—
I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables. /
I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars.

luka

Americans and rock music, much more open to it I feel?

Over here it's the uncoolest thing in the world to play a guitar

Some people might think it's cool but actually it's incredibly embarrassing
its literally thought of as beneath being a nonce

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Something maybe about the emotions this rock music (I really mean earnest, slightly proggy rock by Midwesterners in jumpers) allows you to channel

Emotions that would be mercilessly repressed in fair Englande

luka

ah, Gus, you're great, i really hope we dont overdo the teasing and have you storm out

luka

but youre also great to tease. youre one of those people who its so much fun to tease, like oliver, its irresistable like laughing when youre tickled

sus

You're a big bully I think, I think I'd be a very respectable guy around town, people would take my posts seriously and listen to the tracks I post and say, "Spendo, interesting tune, thanks for turning me on!" and instead they say "Gus get your incel taste outta here"

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
@suspended It’s called an insight role, an honour, all productive occultists practice it, learn the languages and map terrains

You’re not focused, go through the tunes Choons posted, this is like dealing with a Hun. More London crew drop their heavyweights, variety, broad scope. There’s no “cool”, the thread is about dosing you @suspended AND YET YOU WRIGGLE AND RESIST

sodomy submissions aren’t the craic here, yet, but, you know, @thirdform

luka

my feeling is that shredding is what i call wriggling. an attempt to escape from the moment in its full weight and truth. music is the expression of the moment. shredding is bucking and writhing and wriggling to avoid that truth. in this sense all music of this nature is an attempt to do anything, absolutely anything, to avoid playing music. hence the increasingly elaborated nature of the shredding solo.

what it say is very very simple

DONT TOUCH ME!
you people wriggle sometimes when i am trying to teach you something. you try to avoid hearing it.

i wriggle sometimes too but i am aware of it so i try not to.

luka

no idea. me and him are over 40 we dont have to always be coherent. you just have to sort the entrails and read the runes.

• Haha
Reactions: sus