luka

agreed. and maybe fitting w/ this thread even that aesthetic goes back pretty far in time now...
limburger why are you ignoring mvuent when he tells you he identified and defined this aesthetic ten years ago, ten years before you?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Our kids know that they should A) never ever represent England at anything even if that’s Lego building, B) never ever sing god save that hoarding cunt of Windsor and C) skateboard
I keep thinking about this... think I've found an explanation - we all know how much you hate the English and skating is THE least English pastime in the world, so I was thinking that no matter how vile skating is, you knew following it seriously would mean that your kids could never be truly English and so you demanded that they follow it despite all its cunty accoutrements just to stop them being English. True bloodymindedness, your heart wanted them to be doggers so you could vicariously throuugh them but you selflessly sacrificed that and any possible pleasure in watching them do sports on a weekend or whatever, just so they could remain pure. I have to salute a hatred so strong that it can triumph over all.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Ok Rich, i’mma be kind here - skateboarding IS apart of the ban. They are Hoops apart from the youngest, who came under the spell of Scouse in-laws and their yoked witchcraft. You know the kind

Cricket you have to assimilate and who wants to be a killjoy? But a board, with wheels, wearing baseball caps backwards? What is this American pestilence and why yield to it?

So aye, ”should” and “never” should’ve been closer in the initial statement of parental parameters, hence, if I ever seek legal representation I will contact thee forthwith with thine laser eyes inscrutable

shakahislop

Arent you in brooklyn? Suspended knows what Im talking about I assume because of his time in brooklyn
i am but all i see in brooklyn is pretty mainstream rich (mostly white) people and a whole load of working class people (almost all not white). these kinds of alternative fashions are nowhere to be seen so far as i can tell. with the emphasis on 'so far as i can tell'. its not in your face at least, you can't see it just walking around the streets.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ok Rich, i’mma be kind here - skateboarding IS apart of the ban. They are Hoops apart from the youngest, who came under the spell of Scouse in-laws and their yoked witchcraft. You know the kind

Cricket you have to assimilate and who wants to be a killjoy? But a board, with wheels, wearing baseball caps backwards? What is this American pestilence and why yield to it?

So aye, ”should” and “never” should’ve been closer in the initial statement of parental parameters, hence, if I ever seek legal representation I will contact thee forthwith with thine laser eyes inscrutable
Skateboarding is banned? OK that does make a bit more sense... I was genuinely thinking "that seems so out of character". And I was actually pleased with myself when I came up with the solution, I was thinking that it was the only thing that made sense. Cos, say what you like about the English - and no doubt you will - it is a nation that is antithetical to skating at leat.

Anyway, all is back to how it should be... though you should check that you got through clearly to them, maybe they are all secretly practising skateboarding to impress you right now....

version

also the myspace code was remarkably easy to hack even for someone with extremely rudimentary coding skills such as myself. so that could add to the anarchy on the pages
Autechre completely mangled theirs for the release of Quaristice;

Picture+3.png

catalog

Version and limbo can you do a skateboarding thread please, I can chip in.

Like it or not, it's responsible for a lot.

Gonz, Ed whatever his name is. All very important.

luka

yes suburban culture as a whole is an american thing really. it does exist here but in a fairly tepid and watered down fashion.

version

English skating used to be really dreary and have stuff like Radiohead in the vids, but Palace came along and started putting grime and jungle and whatnot in and gave it a kick up the arse.

Still dunno where that Wiley vocal of the East Connection remix at 1:20 is from, "I am the boss, bish bosh... "

luka

skate videos are always well behind the curve with music ive noticed. extension of the suburban thing i guess

luka

well he must have fucking tens of thousands mustnt he.... drop in the ocean needle in a haystack

version

All there is to go on is he's talking to Slimzee at the end, so just have to listen to loads of sets with those two on and hopefully stumble across it one day.

version

Yeah, hence "hopefully", although you'd assume it is somewhere since they managed to sample it for the vid.