version

The best stuff's people just goofing around with style, imo. Much more entertaining than watching stuff down huge stair sets over and over;

version

It's completely different now. The companies all have YouTube channels and it obviously all goes online. A new skate vid these days is a 30-minute edit uploaded to a company's channel or sold on iTunes.

version

It's completely different now. The companies all have YouTube channels and it obviously all goes online. A new skate vid these days is a 30-minute edit uploaded to a company's channel or sold on iTunes.
Also, everyone has access to decent cameras, to the point where it's now an aesthetic choice to use one of worse quality. It's all the same sort of developments as in music and elsewhere.

It's been pretty fascinating to see how tech, the internet and internet culture's filtered into skating tbh; politics too. Brian Anderson, a guy who's been pro since the 90s, came out a few years ago. I think he's the first openly gay male pro.

catalog

I will lay my cards on the table I rollerskated a lot til I was 9 when I got a skateboard and shellsuit for my birthday (happiest day of my life) but somehow I lost interest around the time I bought a cd for the 1st time.

I remember the skateboard, still got it actually. Had got a rabbit and a tortoise on it.

version

One advantage British skating has over American skating is I haven't come across any Nazis over here yet whereas there are legendary figures in American skating who've been openly racist, had swastikas on their boards and stuff.

#MeToo and Trump and everything that's been going on in the last few years had an impact in skating too. It's a culture where adult blokes never really have to grow up, so there are obviously a lot of twats and idiots involved in it.

linebaugh

Limbo are you sure you never were a skater or at least associated with skaters?
like all americans I tried out skating in middle school. I landed a kick flip once. when older I was associated I guess like most people that werent completely straight but not really. Ive hung out with a buddy a skate park a few times while he skated but he's not really a 'skater' despite being pretty good.