100gecs

wild greens

No, they don't, but that's indirectly how you have heard of them, as you're not a "zoomer"

we are talking about the expanding audience principle are we not.

a & b

a) a regional (or internet) scene gathers enough momentum that a biggish media outlet or youtube channel picks up on it and it enters the frame. these are the organic ones that tend to have the most longevity as long as you don't try and go commercial
b) an artist with good pr manages to get themselves coverage by pulling favours or, more likely, spending decent money to plug things. this can also be the situation where their mate works on a magazine/aggregator and pulls favour to get them coverage

hyperpop is a media term

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
No, they don't, but that's indirectly how you have heard of them, as you're not a "zoomer"

we are talking about the expanding audience principle are we not.

a & b

hyperpop is a media term

Sure, though i'm not a fan. I just think they are interesting to talk about. Otherwise I could quite happily never listen to them again.

wild greens

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but i disagree that they didn't/don't need the press

All of this needs the media package/construct to create the narrative

They're too old for it to be organic tbh

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I agree with a lot of what you're saying but i disagree that they didn't/don't need the press

All of this needs the media package/construct to create the narrative

They're too old for it to be organic tbh

What do you exactly mean by organic? That sounds very 80s, sigue sigue sputnik.

wild greens

I don't know what the right word would be for someone like this tbh

On a rap/street level something like Giggs circa Ard Bodied

success or popularity independent of outside influencers or media