forclosure

@suspended i bring up indie rock in this instance cause considering how big all that was in the 00s and compare that to some of the bands now who are considered notable they're total opposite to say Bright eyes,Beirut,Animal Collective & Arcade Fire

Arcade Fire especially its like if you told certain people now that they were once a very big deal they wouldn't believe you

forclosure

"My aversion to hip hop does in part stem from what it means, as a culture, up here. Just the people I knew who were hip hop heads. Not keen. Scrawny white boys from middle class backgrounds thinking they are cool and throwing hand signals." - quote from the only man on this forum who could look at a photo of a hand inside an arse and think "now what does this mean on a semiotic level?"

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
"My aversion to hip hop does in part stem from what it means, as a culture, up here. Just the people I knew who were hip hop heads. Not keen. Scrawny white boys from middle class backgrounds thinking they are cool and throwing hand signals." - quote from the only man on this forum who could look at a photo of a hand inside an arse and think "now what does this mean on a semiotic level?"
Thats more or less the same reason I was initially averted to hip-hop, and I may also take the semiotic approach.

luka

i thought it might have something to do with empire and the raj or something. i doubt even third knows tbh

forclosure

Something something foundation of the Aryan (root) race?
i think it's that plus also if Priti Patel and Richi Sunak are people to go by the drive to double down on certain things to prove that you're just as much on the level as the group you wish to be apart of

i remember this one Indian guy being a BNP member in one of their campain vids don't remember his name though

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Thats more or less the same reason I was initially averted to hip-hop, and I may also take the semiotic approach.
Very much in the spirit of this thread. Upper-middle class white people in Jeeps playing Kendrick Lamar, turning me off of hip hop until I arrive at an aesthetic method whereby every genre and sub-genre warrants its own language-learning.

• Love
Reactions: sus

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Go ahead, but right now I'm heavily biased toward western classical music, trying to understand the notation and whatnot. It has temporarily instilled a musical elitism whereby everything that doesn't rely on western musical notion is pop.