The Heavy

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
tough listen, heavy elements that move out of bass registers into chaos....there are SR lp’s with far more groove laid down rather than here which sits right on the margins

Oh Odessa, the single Cluster track I keep coming back to

surpassing its force by a weightier, more committed and heavier bottom end on both tracks with Les V’s, one of my favourite ever German releases, it really doesn’t fuck around

29CD2C4B-416A-403E-8145-D42EF6762399.jpeg

It’s too hot wading round the attic. Keep em coming

linebaugh

@thirdform I understand this is a difficult concept for you as there is often overlap between The Heavy and your personal brand of The Punishment/Pain/The Annoyance, and I do like all of the songs you've shared, but I think you've missed the point. I would consider a reread.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
@thirdform I understand this is a difficult concept for you as there is often overlap between The Heavy and your personal brand of The Punishment/Pain/The Annoyance, and I do like all of the songs you've shared, but I think you've missed the point. I would consider a reread.

I would advise you to re-read what I said about electric wizard.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Yes, that demonstrates perfectly why you dont get it.

I get it. I just think E W is not heavy and is for lightweights. Lightning Bolt, you can feel it in your chest. It is heavy because it is discomforting, there is a repeated movement. With stoner stuff it becomes quite light once you are used to it.

linebaugh

Third this thread isnt a dick measuring contest for the most brutal tracks. We all know you have the most fucked up gangrenous cock on the board, you can keep it tucked. The Heavy is a very simple and accessible feeling- its movement that you feel in the chest. Thats why I included the bassline to the Kate Bush song so early on.

linebaugh

a very important thing to note is that heaviness != intensity, and vice versa

i.e. a great deal of metal is, in fact, not really heavy. 80s speed and thrash metal, black metal as a general rule.

for example, the canonical thrash metal song, Slayer at the very height of their powers in 1985, super intense, not really heavy

(nb Dave Lombardo in a D.R.I. shirt)

key component here. heaviness is not intensity, depth, atmosphere, darkness and so on. those are just often the side effects

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Third this thread isnt a dick measuring contest for the most brutal tracks. We all know you have the most fucked up gangrenous cock on the board, you can keep it tucked. The Heavy is a very simple and accessible feeling- its movement that you feel in the chest. Thats why I included the bassline to the Kate Bush song so early on.

what the fuck are you on about now. All the tracks I posted you can feel in the chest. Don't be like Lucius throwing a strop when you haven't communicated your concept clearly.

linebaugh

if you can feel the lighting bolt track in your chest its because your heart is palpitating. its a different feeling entirely.