Corpsey

bandz ahoy
During lockdown I went a bit mad and I felt very close to this character, Jack, the writer, trapped in a house with an annoying woman and shagging an elderly corpse in the secret bathroom upstairs

woops

is not like other people
im confident none of you cultureless dunces has read schnitzler's book on which Eyes "yide" Shut was based.

Last edited:

wild greens

Never heard of this Marienbad but I do own Jealousy, which is a novel by Robbe-Grillet.

Very short and tense. The translation i read is really fucking verbose though, which can drag you out of it a bit sometimes.

Only 100ish pages, good book

woops

is not like other people
Never heard of this Marienbad but I do own Jealousy, which is a novel by Robbe-Grillet.

Very short and tense. The translation i read is really fucking verbose though, which can drag you out of it a bit sometimes.

Only 100ish pages, good book
la jalousie - also the french word for a window blind

woops

is not like other people
robbe-grillet was the main proponent of the nouveau roman, wrote its manifesto and discussed nathalie sarraute, michel butor, and that

woops

is not like other people
it found an english equivalent in the work of bs johnson, rayner heppenstal, that lot

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Im pretty sure he spends 70 pages looking out his fuckin window tbh

I'm not doing it any favours here am i
Sounds about right

I'd recommend LNIMarianbad for the visuals and the intensity of the experience of watching it – and you'd probably be best off watching it in a cinema or else you might just say 'fuck this' and turn it off after 15 minutes.

woops

is not like other people
@craner wtf is wrong with you. have you never studied music? i doubt you know your allegro from your en flagrante delicto. maybe learn about romance before lecturing the lads on the seventh art. btw godard is comparable to joyce in his pursuit of high modernism

craner

Beast of Burden
@craner wtf is wrong with you. have you never studied music? i doubt you know your allegro from your en flagrante delicto. maybe learn about romance before lecturing the lads on the seventh art. btw godard is comparable to joyce in his pursuit of high modernism

This is a completely deranged intervention. You really should have read it out loud to yourself before posting.

luka

do you know your allegro from your en flagrante delicto? do you speak a romance language?