wild greens

What i do think is mad is that John Money who managed to make "gender" a widely accepted term in this context was a New Zealand supernonce who managed to nearly get a woman lobotomised and mis-diagnosed her as schizophrenic for years, then managed to persuade the parents of a botched circumcision to get the lad gender-reassigned as a kid then abused him and his brother for years

But the word still stuck. Mental really

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
My understanding, from a couple seminars I watched, is that people diagnosed with ASDs are statistically more likely to identify in gender fluid or non-binary fashions. My cousin was assigned female at birth and was diagnosed with autism as a child and, for the last six or seven years, has identified as a man and has been undergoing some kind of gender affirming medication or some such.
Not sure how this correlation differs across ASD diagnoses, but in general I can see how socialization-related cognition is foundational to one's identity in regards to social constructs and labels and whatnot.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Just to go back to the supposed topic of the thread for a bit, I can't let this pass:

The sex/gender thing is hopelessly confused. Feminists introduced the distinction to highlight the narrowness of available social roles but gender is useless as a free-floating signifier that can mean anything.

without mentioning that I've met @mixed_biscuits in the flesh, and I can honestly say he is one of the most feminine men I've ever met.

luka

if we had a picture we could do that faceswap thing on the app. see if he'd be fit or not.